What's new

Governments response to consultation paper on Tpd

@lorraineh46 I know a lot of people on this forum myself included have been thinking of ways to take the ultimate responsibility away from the vendors, with the hope they can avoid these charges and carry on trading, I personally would hate to see a single one of these guys lose what they have worked hard to build, they go above and beyond for their customers every single time. It's about assessing the news as it comes in and finding a way to make it work. Changes will occur, that's a given, it's about damage limitation now. The report is looking a lot better then it could of been, again now its waiting for the next wave of news to hit, and when it does..... We find another way :)

@pfvapes
Doesn't matter if the production run is 10 or 10,000, each product would have to be registered, by the letter of this. Like you say the cost isn't prohibitive, the little guys need to add that cost onto their cost of sales. If someone wants to produce 10 RDAs in his shed then the registration fee alone is going to be £24 of the asking price.

Doesn't matter if the production run is 10 or 10,000, each product would have to be registered, by the letter of this. Like you say the cost isn't prohibitive, the little guys need to add that cost onto their cost of sales. If someone wants to produce 10 RDAs in his shed then the registration fee alone is going to be £24 of the asking price.
True, I'm most likely over complicating this

That sounds real sensible and makes me smile. Just have to work out now how to all the eliquids will be tested ,,,,,
What worries me with the juice is that this cost is just registration, not the actual testing that they require to be presented for the registration :(

I once attended a fire lecture and the fire officer was so alarmist about a certain plug hole cleaning product and how dangerous it is and what regulation does this have NONE. As adults we need to be able to make our own choices and the industry has developed on its own not needed adverts or promotion it has evolved through its positive benefits and the regulations are just a way of looking like something is being done about something so controversial. What a mess. Let's await the next round of announcements and rally together.

What worries me with the juice is that this cost is just registration, not the actual testing that they require to be presented for the registration :(
First thing you're going to need clarification on for testing and registration is what definition they put on a juice product.
Flavour ... VG/PG composition ... nic strength ...
Easy if you selll everything at 50/50 6mg/ml but costs will escalate if variables constitute a different product.

Zero nic might be the easiest option of them all. :)

That's where I'm heading till I have the readies to send one off

I had to read it as I was one of the vapers who filled in the consultation. As far as I can see, the Government seem to have little idea of how to implement all the requirements and ,as said, Trading Standards have asked where all the extra resources are coming from. If all is done to the letter of the TPD, the Government would have to recruit thousands more Trading Standards staff, businesses would go bust. unemployment would rise, tax receipts would fall, even more shops would be boarded up. Apart from this, it would discourage potential vapers and, hence, cost the NHS more in the long run. Also, as said, there were no mentions of leak proof tanks etc. unless I missed it.
It`s another example of the idiots in Brussels justifying their existence.
I think that, with the state of things at the moment, flooding, migration, terrorism, there are more important things the Government should be concentrating on.
By the way, my Labour MP seems to agree with the TPD. She spouts the usual....gateway to smoking !!!.

I'd quite fancy being a Trading Standards bloke for vaping ... I would know exactly how to go about this ... :)

Back
Top Bottom