What's new

Governments response to consultation paper on Tpd

Just started reading but only 709 responses to the consultation ... what the fuckity fuck!? Vapers have rolled over and played dead. That is incredibly sad and it's no surprise that we got what we deserved.

536 vapers, friends and family members.

It's truly laughable.

Can I clarify these costings. If a retailer in May has Ecigs on their premises will they have to register each e cig with the MHRA at £250.00 a product cos that's a lot of products !!!!!!

Can I clarify these costings. If a retailer in May has Ecigs on their premises will they have to register each e cig with the MHRA at £250.00 a product cos that's a lot of products !!!!!!
Aah clarity. Yes I wish we had that too. We have no clear answers yet. Just best guesses from the info we have. And your guess is as good as they say ;)
To clarify. It's not yet clear

People seem complacent about an introduction of something that potentially could see many retailers and the people they employ and the attached businesses highly affected financially. We need to look after the retailers they are the ones who have helped expand this industry.

It's a shame everything is confusing but we need to always bear in mind the effects on people's livelihoods this could have.

People seem complacent about an introduction of something that potentially could see many retailers and the people they employ and the attached businesses highly affected financially. We need to look after the retailers they are the ones who have helped expand this industry.

It's a shame everything is confusing but we need to always bear in mind the effects on people's livelihoods this could have.
I see confusion. I don't see complacency. Many of us have been following all of this for years, writing to our MP's several times, MEPs too, signing every petition, responding to consultations, some traveling to Brussels to protest. We are nearing the end of a long war of attrition where the odds were stacked against us. The TPD is in and we are all crossing our fingers as much as anything. To a very large degree it's out of our hands, though I and many will continue to make the case to those that will listen. We have many vendors on here who are members and indeed many i count as friends. The effect on their businesses affects us all.

I was in my favourite independent e-cig shop today buying coils. Looking round, she must easily stock 500 different items, juices, mods, tanks, coils et all......maybe 1000.
If she was to get that lot tested, it would bankrupt her. I assume therefore she will just simply close up in May after selling off her stock at rock bottom prices.....or she will simply keep on trading until someone from trading standards gives her a visit.
Now as we know, there are thousands of vaping shops up and down the country....never mind all those thousands that only trade on the internet.
So, unless the government/local government has a mass recruitment of trading standards staff....it will take them years to get round to visiting them all.
And don't forget all the markets and car boot sales that will require a visit....and all those selling on Gumtree, Facebook, eBay etc etc.
I can see vaping as we know it will continue but goods will not be sold as openly.
Like Prohibition in the USA....you can bring in unpopular laws....but enforcement is another thing entirely.

It is admirable for those who do get involved but I just feel sad for those not in the know and there are many. The local shop I use mentions the Tpd to many customers and those customers have no idea the implications and it is sad that the confusion doesn't enable people to share decisive and clear information to the public. Fingers crossed and happy vaping should prevail.

OK so I've had a thought. And given the vaping communities general piss poor organisation, may not work BUT what is to stop us registering a cooperative. This would allow for one registration of a product between the co op. The biggest issue I see is that to amortise the registration cost the markup on a product would need to cover this before it gets superseded and you stock the next best thing. I would be willing to help anyone with this, but propose that if it were in some way linked to the forum we could also keep POTV alive?

Has she heard of TPD? I've heard of vape shops who aren't even aware of it!

Back
Top Bottom