What's new

GP Paps v4?

So this happened. Less than 24 hours after cleaning it and less than one 25R through it.

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1444762524.364126.jpg

It's a silver plated negative contact and the blackening (according to Vapourart) is from micro arcing.

I wasn't doing stupid sub ohming, just around the 0.5 mark. And there's no other marks on any threads or the positive contact.

I emailed Vapourart and they're sending me a new silver plated and a new brass contact gratis to resolve the issue.

Now that my good apes is Customer Service.

they are very good. I think I was the miscreant who caused the spheroid v4 510pin'gate issue although I maintain it was stripped pretty much before I got it. Anyway they sent me a whole replacement by UPS ON delivery on the understanding that I would send back the broken device (which I of course did and they refunded the cost!!). Anyway, fantastic CS from GP!!!

Somewhat surprised to receive 2 silver plated and 2 brass negative contacts in the post today.

Will pop a new silver plated one in when SWMBO goes to work and get my drip on :-)

Is the rice pin meant to keep falling out of the switch when you take it apart?

I be that @Mawsley will know....

Is the rice pin meant to keep falling out of the switch when you take it apart?

I be that @Mawsley will know....

No its not, I had the same thing happening to mine, when I cleaned it and put it back together it cause the button to stick, I took a couple of photos of the button and seperate pin and emailed them to VA, got a reply within a few mins and a new button in the post within in 24hrs. Thier CS is fantastic just dropt hem a mail.

No its not, I had the same thing happening to mine, when I cleaned it and put it back together it cause the button to stick, I took a couple of photos of the button and seperate pin and emailed them to VA, got a reply within a few mins and a new button in the post within in 24hrs. Thier CS is fantastic just dropt hem a mail.

Thanks for the heads up. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be like that or not. Anyway, I've emailed them and they're sending a new button out.

The last time I had a problem with a negative contact, they sent me 4 - 2 brass and 2 silver plated.

Absolutely faultless customer service but at this rate, I'll have an entire new mod made out of replacement parts by Christmas lol

Back
Top Bottom