What's new

How often do your replace your batteries?

Cromulent

Initiate
My 18650 batteries are starting to get a bit old and was wondering how often people change their batteries? I tend to drain 2 18650 batteries a day while using half of another two 18650 batteries and I have 8 batteries to rotate through. All of them are Samsung 30Q batteries.

I have 2, 18650 and 1 21700
The 18650s last around 2 days each and the 21700 about 2 days and 1 night .. been using them for about a year still going strong

My 18650 batteries are starting to get a bit old and was wondering how often people change their batteries? I tend to drain 2 18650 batteries a day while using half of another two 18650 batteries and I have 8 batteries to rotate through. All of them are Samsung 30Q batteries.
They do have a charge life like example of 1000 charges before replacement..it’s all down to condition and holding a charge etc..for me batteries are cheap enough now to replace without burning a hole in your pocket..so if you have had good use out of your current batteries maybe it’s time t update and refresh to new ones...
It’s also safety first old batteries while may charge and work okay they can become dangerous..

I retired some of mine this year, they were getting on for 2 years old.

I replace every 6-8 months, I did think cycle life was around 300 charges but maybe I’m wrong on that...

I won't really use any battery after it gets past 18 months old.

Usually keep my eyes peeled for a sale on Fogstar then buy a few to bring into rotation, that way I've always got fairly new batteries. Currently have 16 18650s but 2 of those are due for disposal soon, disposed of 4 last month aswell but picked up 2 VTC5As from a recent Fogstar deal.

Mine are all fairly fresh, 8 x Samsung 25r and a pair of Samsung 20s. I pass all my old cells on to the Mrs, think she has about 10 x 25r, a couple of them must be approaching 4 years old but they still charge and discharge properly at her chosen 19w so she won't get rid of any!

I replace my 18650s when they have lost so much capacity it becomes a chore constantly recharging them. Or when the wrapping becomes damaged.
With 26650s I'm not sure... I haven't been using them very long and they are behaving differently so I'm in suck-it-and-see mode on those.

Back
Top Bottom