What's new

How to file down Baby Beast 2ml TPD RBA?

I had a smok briefly and year and a bit ago, got one of these for it and had to send it back as the thing was dead. I wasn’t for gouging bits off the bottom of a new item just out the box. I’d recommend the bin and getting yourself something decent that actually works.

Sorry I can’t be of any more assistance than that, just my own experience with it. :)
Oh shit,that’s fifteen quid down the drain then:(

Mine was the same.

510 pin being pushed out too far and the rba shorting with the base of the tank

I took mine to the bench grinder as it needed quite a bit taking off

Works sweet now.

Just go for it.
Hi Mate,I haven’t got a bench grinder but have some decent jewellery files and plenty of patience,do you reckon it will work and also I would like to know how the finished process should look please?

My tank is full at the moment
I will take a picture when it's empty
Hi Mate,I haven’t got a bench grinder but have some decent jewellery files and plenty of patience,do you reckon it will work and also I would like to know how the finished process should look please?

Oh no,please don’t argue about it peeps,I would hate for anyone to fall out over something I posted, I think we all agree that the base of the RBA needs to be shaved down a bit and maybe even the corners. Tell you what,I will shave the base down first and if that doesn’t work I will do those corners too.

Last edited:
My tank is full at the moment
I will take a picture when it's empty
Thanks buddy,better still just post a picture when it needs re-wicking. I don’t want you pulling it all apart just for a picture,I can wait a few days more lol.

Here’s what it looks like now.

Needed rejoicing so took some pics

Attachments

• 8123DB06-2DE6-470F-B764-77CD29D01047.jpeg
    8123DB06-2DE6-470F-B764-77CD29D01047.jpeg
    795.6 KB · Views: 50
  • B5B5CD81-32F6-4E77-B6C1-61398EA42E74.jpeg
    B5B5CD81-32F6-4E77-B6C1-61398EA42E74.jpeg
    734 KB · Views: 57
Here’s what it looks like now.

Needed rejoicing so took some pics
Thank you @Muttydog for taking pictures for me,it looks like it needs to be about the thickness of the bottom of the factory coils then,did you take any off of the corners or just the bottom? I will use your pictures as a guide and file it down bit by bit until I get no issues with the ohms etc.
Thanks again and everyone else for your help,much appreciated.

Best way to tell where it's contacting the base is use a felt tip marker, colour in all the base and screw you RBA into it, you should see scratches where it's bottoming out (pushing the 510 pin down too far) and that's where you need to grind it down including rounding off the corners, I tried needle files and forget that - hardly made a dent, I used a dremmel and took seconds.

There is one other method I got my bottoming out RBA's to work, screw the base onto you mod first, then the RBA but not over tight (the gasket should still seal it) and see if it works okay then, if so assemble the rest of the tank, worked for me on a couple, but I ended up using a dremmel anyway.

I agree brand new duff RBA's should be returned to the supplier though.

Best way to tell where it's contacting the base is use a felt tip marker, colour in all the base and screw you RBA into it, you should see scratches where it's bottoming out (pushing the 510 pin down too far) and that's where you need to grind it down including rounding off the corners, I tried needle files and forget that - hardly made a dent, I used a dremmel and took seconds.

There is one other method I got my bottoming out RBA's to work, screw the base onto you mod first, then the RBA but not over tight (the gasket should still seal it) and see if it works okay then, if so assemble the rest of the tank, worked for me on a couple, but I ended up using a dremmel anyway.

I agree brand new duff RBA's should be returned to the supplier though.
Thanks for the tip @Vapaneezer Scrooge,I will try that with the marker pen,already tried screwing it on as you suggested. Unfortunately I didn’t try it for a while after purchasing it and I was no longer able to return it.

Back
Top Bottom