What's new

Inawera tobaccos

I’m waiting for it to steep for a week or two. Had a wee blast of it yesterday and liked it, the vanilla is a good one, and I could detect a wee slight hint of pipe tobaccy. I’m hoping the tobacco comes out a bit more, but if it doesn’t I’ll beef it up a bit.

But yes, from the wee tester I think it has potential. Tastes somehow “rustic”.

But the am4a is going to be the one. I can just tell this is going to be great after a couple of weeks.

Can't remember exactly how long my vanilla for pipe was steeping, possibly up to three weeks trying every now and then. The tobacco was very faint still. @Simon G hit the nail on the head with "tobacco tainted vanilla"

Can't remember exactly how long my vanilla for pipe was steeping, possibly up to three weeks trying every now and then. The tobacco was very faint still. @Simon G hit the nail on the head with "tobacco tainted vanilla"

Did it change much over the time? Mine has taken on a kind of pinkish colour after a couple of days.

Did it change much over the time? Mine has taken on a kind of pinkish colour after a couple of days.

I didn't write anything down but from what I remember it lost a bit of the "bakery" vanilla flavouring after a bit longer, but didn't drastically change. It definitely didn't have any pink in it though.

It’s def not the nic @Simon G . Here’s a photo of the vanilla pipe on the left, am4a on the right. Am4a is still pretty much clear. The light isn’t letting the phone camera pick up the colour well, but it’s definitely that pinkish shade some concentrates go at the start of a steep. It’s mixed at 3%.

image.jpg

I’ve mixed up a 10ml tester of the sesame sweets as well. It doesn’t taste like the sweets to me, more like toasted sesame seeds. Although maybe a wee hint of honey. Maybe sweetness will appear later. It’s very good though. Should work nice as an additive.

Inawera were my goto for a couple of years - 1% for the 'absolute' - 2% for the 'arome'

Latakia was a favourite but have since replaced it with FLV Native - not the same, but got me to a similar place.

DNB is an essential, just adds a kick of dirty, when a recipe is veering to close to a sweet tobacco

Cavendish - have never managed to get the taste to appear, but love walking onto a room after I've been vaping it - FLV Cavendish is the same

Arabic and Garouda I could never really tell apart - maybe Garouda is more hay like

Used loads of Virginia - both 'arome' and 'absolute' - just a great backbone for any recipe

Have started using FLV more, but a bit of both adds a complexity that I'm addicted to

The vanilla has darkened a bit more. Still pinkish.

Today I’m puffing the 1% am4a mixed in the tank with some best cig black mamba (which was mixed at 5 drops to 10ml). It’s really good. I really hated this black mamba when I first tried it but at low amounts it’s very useful. A cigar flavour, they claim.

These “for pipe” flavours, are they intended to impart the additive (vanilla or whatever) and the note of “pipe” to other tobacco flavours? I had a look on their website and Inawera suggest mixing them with their universal tobacco base.

The vanilla has darkened a bit more. Still pinkish.

Today I’m puffing the 1% am4a mixed in the tank with some best cig black mamba (which was mixed at 5 drops to 10ml). It’s really good. I really hated this black mamba when I first tried it but at low amounts it’s very useful. A cigar flavour, they claim.

These “for pipe” flavours, are they intended to impart the additive (vanilla or whatever) and the note of “pipe” to other tobacco flavours? I had a look on their website and Inawera suggest mixing them with their universal tobacco base.
I've never tried the 'for pipe' range - Inawera have strange naming conventions - like their 'shisha' range - would make sense though.

These are worth a watch (if you haven't already) - ChemicalBurnVictim and FEAR imparting their tobacco knowledge

Back
Top Bottom