What's new

iTaste VV Fault Code/Intermittent Fault

dougal_999

Postman
So, I bought an iTaste VV a couple of months ago. I loved it, so bought another one for when I'm away racing and don't have a power source.

The second one, after a couple of weeks use, started showing what looked like an intermittent fault. While using it, it would suddenly stop working. (Light coming on when button pressed, not vaping, no 'crackle'). I fiddled around with it a bit, tried different tanks of different makes on it, charged it, etc. I also tried pressing both the buttons together to see what range voltage the tanks should be set at - just in case the coils had all gone simultaneously for some reason.

This is the point - it showed 5.0.

Eventually, it started working again. Then stopped... then started. I took it back to the shop, and of course it chose that moment to work.

Then my first one started doing it too. Yesterday, one of the shop staff's iTastes started doing exactly the same thing, showing 5.0 when both buttons were pressed together.

Anyone heard of this? Someone suggested it might be a fault code of some sort, but I can't find anything about it. It definitely isn't the tanks, they have all worked on the iTaste in the past, and all work on different batteries now.

Strange, bad batch? I know if I've made a duff coil it shows 5.0 as that is the display it gives when it can't read the voltage of a tank. Must be something to do with the connection between the tank and the top of the battery.

Is there a way you can put something metal on top of the battery connection to see if it then reads the tank when screwed down? Coiled up wire or something?

As Oska said, it reads 5 when nothing is connected or it`s a bad connection, I had the same with a couple of my clearos, I solved it by putting a very small piece of tin foil inside the Ego connection, it has to be small enough not to touch the sides.

Sounds like you possibly have overscrewed something on there and pushed the centre post down a tad if you`re getting it with all of your tanks.

Thank you both, I'll give the tinfoil a go. I could have overscrewed something a little - hopefully not too much as it's very intermittent. Might have been with my Novas, thinking of it, I was getting frustrated that they wouldn't work well - or perhaps when filling a tank without taking it off the battery, when screwing the tip back on. Cheers :D

Dougal I have the itaste vv and same thing occurs, what you need to do to fix is get a small screwdriver or similar, i use a tiny watchmakers screwdriver, it will fit down the side of the central battery post apply a little leverage against outside ego ring and this will lift it up, then all your carto's etc should work again. Mine did :-)

Back
Top Bottom