What's new

Lipos revisited

I got ones these 0-15A 5-15V (200W) Adjustable Bench Top Power Supply - Fusion PS200ADJ | eBay

It would be a pretty good investment for your shop for testing purposes.

I agree. The shop needs more tools. For the business of coarse ;)
What do you think of this: ZJchao DC/DC 15A Buck Adjustable 4-32V 12V to 1.2-32V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I bought one of these before the days of modders chips. It's sitting here doing nothing. I think a new box mod power supply is coming on ;)

I agree. The shop needs more tools. For the business of coarse ;)
What do you think of this: ZJchao DC/DC 15A Buck Adjustable 4-32V 12V to 1.2-32V: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
I bought one of these before the days of modders chips. It's sitting here doing nothing. I think a new box mod power supply is coming on ;)

Mm mm, not sure that would be very useful as you will need another supply to feed that to then feed the charger.

The one i have is 240v input and switchable output, guessing it's like the one BDB linked but links not working for me.

Sent from somewhere inside a huge cloud!

Mm mm, not sure that would be very useful as you will need another supply to feed that to then feed the charger.

The one i have is 240v input and switchable output, guessing it's like the one BDB linked but links not working for me.

Use what you've got I say.
By Jeeves, it only blooming works ;)

power.jpg

Sorry didn't realise you actually had one of those, obvious on reading your post again.

Nice one!

Some good stuff raised in here. I will add my tuppence worth, from my experience in RC.

Don't forget its easy to parallel these relatively small LiPo packs up, for example
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=34561

20C rated, 1000 mAh capacity. That means a continous current limit of 20A. Nice.

Right, lets make that into a 1S 2P pack, which gives us 2000 mAh capacity. Our current limit is now 40A.

Lets go even further and push that to a 1S 3P pack, now at 3000 mAh capacity. Current limit of 60A

This pack will be 63 x 34 x 18mm so basically the same size as 2x 18650 batteries. For 6 quid.

You don't need a balance charger until you start venturing into 2S territory. Some good wiring here R/C Calculations

Up and running ;)
Mission "I will use my LiPo Ballance Charger today".
I had a 19v laptop power pack that needed stepping down so I dug out some bits and doctored it.
Not pretty but it works a treat. I may even have a go at mains vaping with this step down. It's got the power. I had one of these knocking around from before the chips were available but it was too big to build a decent mod with so I put it to use.

The things I'll do to save a tenner ;)

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Nice one Seedy. Can't give you a thumb up cos it still isn't working.

Ghetto solutions are the best I think, gives an inordinate sense of satisfaction.

My personal Ghetto highpoint was making a record cleaning machine out of a cut down bookcase I got from work, a vacuum cleaner from free cycle and an old atx power supply for the drive motor which was an old car electric window motor!

Nice one Seedy. Can't give you a thumb up cos it still isn't working.

Ghetto solutions are the best I think, gives an inordinate sense of satisfaction.

My personal Ghetto highpoint was making a record cleaning machine out of a cut down bookcase I got from work, a vacuum cleaner from free cycle and an old atx power supply for the drive motor which was an old car electric window motor!
Sounds like a proper bit of kit. I just need a case now for the pack, stepdown and charger so its nice and neat ;-)

Back
Top Bottom