What's new

mixing help

you always divide 7.2 by six to get to 1.2. because 1.2 is 1/6 of 7.2. you need to brush up on your arithmetic :)

My maths was fine, but what I got wrong was assuming the nic would be added to 200ml of juice - trying to fit 240ml of juice into a 200ml bottle could get a bit messy.

If you're making 200ml in total including the nic then yes you need a sixth of the total amount to be nic. If you're ADDING nic to juice that already has flavouring and VG/PG added you need to add a fifth of the total volume of the flavourings and VG/PG..

Last edited:
My maths was fine, but what I got wrong was assuming the nic would be added to 200ml of juice - trying to fit 240ml of juice into a 200ml bottle could get a bit messy.

If you're making 200ml in total including the nic then yes you need a sixth of the total amount to be nic. If you're ADDING nic to juice that already has flavouring and VG/PG added you need to add a fifth of the total volume of the flavourings and VG/PG..

if you want to make any amount of liquid that is 1.2%, the amount of 7.2% needs to be 1/6 of the total.

if you want to make any amount of liquid that is 1.2%, the amount of 7.2% needs to be 1/6 of the total.

Yes indeed - and the final 1/6th of nicotine you add is 1/5th of total amount before you add nic.

It works both ways - 33ml is 1/6th of 200ml and 33ml is 1/5th of 167ml i.e. the amount of flavourings/VG PG before the nicotine is added.

Yes I know 1/6th of 200 is 33.3 recurring, bit if you don't notice that, I won't notice you putting the decimal point in the wrong place LOL.

Yes indeed - and the final 1/6th of nicotine you add is 1/5th of total amount before you add nic.

It works both ways - 33ml is 1/6th of 200ml and 33ml is 1/5th of 167ml i.e. the amount of flavourings/VG PG before the nicotine is added.

Yes I know 1/6th of 200 is 33.3 recurring, bit if you don't notice that, I won't notice you putting the decimal point in the wrong place LOL.

no, because he is adding the nic to the 50ml of concentrate. only then is he adding his base mix. there is no final 1/6 of nic.

Back
Top Bottom