What's new

muji vs labo

• Thread starter Deleted member 58360
  • Start date
I can't tell if either, both or neither are affecting any flavour...

But, it's more a performance/longevity trial - will the muji collapse? Will the labo explode?

I know I'm on the edge of my seat wondering what'll happen :D
So far, I've decided the heretofore unnoticed tendency for Muji to collapse isn't keeping me up at night worrying ....... :D

After maybe 20ml through the RDA, I have:

IMG_20211021_082853066~3.jpg

Muji left, Labo right.

Muji:

IMG_20211021_083157990~2.jpg

Labo:

IMG_20211021_083213376~2.jpg

So the muji may have shrunk just a bit - barely noticeable.

Labo side has definitely got more deposits on the coil.

If one was shrinking/collapsing more than the other and exposing the coil, I'd expect more burning/deposits on that one - unless it was burning the deposits away, but in that case I'm sure I'd taste it. Plus I'm not exactly pumping the power, I'm only running 27.5w.

There's probably a conclusion to be drawn, but I'm not sure what it may be as yet...

Is it just me, or does the muji in all your pics look a bit 'juicier'? The partial collapse also seems to make it look like the wick surface is plumped out with juice, whereas the labo looks a bit more fibrous and broken-up on the surface?

I'm honestly not entirely sure...

It's almost as if the initial more chaotic structure of the muji has decided to straighten itself out, while the labo thought it wanted a bit more randomness in its life.

But, keeping muji left, labo right:

IMG_20211021_180530063~2.jpg

The behaviour as far as coil colouration and deposits is almost opposite between "high"* and low power - yes, kanthal vs 316 as well, but still.

It's possible that they're wicking differently - in the rdta they obviously have to draw the juice up, but in the RDA it's just dumped on top (of the cotton, I tend to not drip directly on the coils).

Twin coil rta later possibly.

*Ok, so I'm not exactly talking 1.21 gigawatts...

I really like this thread . Keep it up @pdg hopefully you’ll gather enough information todo a Christmas lecture

Back
Top Bottom