What's new

Needle nose tips for larger bottles?

sida

Postman
Does anyone know if there is somewhere to buy needle nose tips for the larger caps you get on 250ml bottles for example? The ones I use come with the thicker nozzles on that are fine for decanting into smaller bottles but I prefer to just use my juice straight from the bigger bottle otherwise I forget which bottle is which.

The problem with this is the nozzles are just too fat to get juice into my tanks cleanly. I'd love to have a cap that fits these but has a needle nose like you find on 10ml or 100ml bottles.

Easiest thing would be start labeling your smaller bottles when decanting from the 250ml.

these are a little bit smaller if you cut end off close to the tip but still to big for most tanks. I just tried on several tanks only 2 that were good was the merlin mini and ares 1 so would only be good for tank with large fill ports. I use them filling pico squeeze 2 squonk bottle.
https://www.lubrisolve.com/dispensing-taps/18-white-28mm-spouted-cap

ive got one of them pointed tips and no good for the itank.

is it something like this your after. these are only 100ml though @sida https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/384964609343
cant find anywhere that sells just the nozzles or even 250ml bottles with this sort of needle tip.

Nah not those I was thinking more like the nibs you get on shortfills etc but that can be attached to the bigger bottles.

Easiest thing would be start labeling your smaller bottles when decanting from the 250ml.

these are a little bit smaller if you cut end off close to the tip but still to big for most tanks. I just tried on several tanks only 2 that were good was the merlin mini and ares 1 so would only be good for tank with large fill ports. I use them filling pico squeeze 2 squonk bottle.
https://www.lubrisolve.com/dispensing-taps/18-white-28mm-spouted-cap

I did try labelling them before but it was just so messy. Juice would inevitably touch the labels at some point and they'd just soak it up and start to disintegrate. Maybe I need to find some better labels.

Nah not those I was thinking more like the nibs you get on shortfills etc but that can be attached to the bigger bottles.

I did try labelling them before but it was just so messy. Juice would inevitably touch the labels at some point and they'd just soak it up and start to disintegrate. Maybe I need to find some better labels.

Put sellotape over the label

my labels always used to peel off, now I just cut a small piece of paper and stick with sellotape so that the paper is sealed. Works better for me.

ibottles.co.uk do skinny caps but I think you can only buy them with the bottles.

Going for them when I restock because I have the same problem with the wider twisty caps.

4DF9CF5B-0182-4CCC-BAAD-591FF96BC45B.jpeg
Ibottles are good indeed.

Thanks all, ibottles looks awesome.

View attachment 300898 Ibottles are good indeed.

Assuming those bottles on the left are the short fill hinge flip bottles they sound great, would you recommend those or the smaller bottles on the right? Don't suppose you have a picture of the hinge flip tips do you? It's hard to tell on their website how thin the tips are. I'm getting the impression they're small enough for refilling any tanks but there's not actually any images.

Back
Top Bottom