What's new

New User. Smok RPM2 taste issues

Amy10177

Initiate
Hi! I've been using disposable vapes for a week now and have managed to not cave in and have a cigarette.
Went to a vape shop in my local market and purchased the Smok RPM2 and some nic salts 20mg as suggested by the "experts".
They didn't really tell me much so have read the instructions and got it going.
First tried the 16ohm coil and couldn't taste anything just a load of vapour, then tried the 0.4ohm coil and there was a very slight hint of a flavour.
Can someone tell me where I am going wrong please? I feel like I'm just puffing air and it's making me constantly have dry mouth.
If I've purchased the wrong vape for what I need please let me know and I'll get one that is suggested. I don't want to be using the disposables forever.
I want to be able to taste the liquid cause it smells so good!!
(I've only got it at about 10w, I can't take any higher than that).
Thank you!!

Hi @Amy10177 and welcome to the planet.

The forum and members are totally against throw away disposables so hopefully someone will be able to advise what went wrong and get you totally off those crap things.
must admit weve seen a few posts lately with the same issue of no flavour and all those were using nic salts as well.
ive only tried once so cant help much but lets see if our pod guru is around to advise further @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen)

could you tell us the juice make and flavour as there could be a link to the other posts about the same issue.
going off to look up RPM2 and will be back.

Hi there @Amy10177 welcome to the forum. The Smok rpm 2 comes with two different pods the rpm2 pod with the 0.16 ohm coil is suited to DTL and a wattage above 25wwatts the 0.4 ohm coil is suited to MTL which is using it like your smoking and needs to be above 20 watts. Sounds like you need to get some rpm 1.2 ohm coils not rpm 2 coils,which is best at 12 watts. I have a rpm 4 and and use those coils and get good flavour. Your not getting any flavour now because the coils your using need higher wattage. I can’t comment on the nic salts as I don’t like using them.

ahh, as TP mentioned, you need higher wattage. as you are only using 10watts you need to up the wattage.
the lower ohm coils need more wattage so will be quite an airy vape. if you can find some of the 1.2ohm coils mentioned they will be a tighter draw and use lower wattage.
vapes can dehydrate you so drink plenty of water.

checked a couple of sites and not all have the 1.2 coil.
vape club has them here https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-pods/smok/rpm2-kit

@MrDJ and @TP 72 thank you for your replies they gave me Pukka Juice Blackcurrant and Fuji Apple.
I don't know whether it's to do with the airflow? I feel like there's wayyy too much air. I've seen a little vape that has adjustable airflow until I can invest in a decent one if that would be any good?
Thank you for all of your advice!

thats what direct to lung or suboming is like. you inhale directly into your lungs and then blow out much bigger clouds. its not for everyone. mouth to lung is similar to smoking where you inhale into your mouth then take down to lungs.
looks like your kit does both, so it all depends on the coil you use.

mike mentions a con that this is no way a mouth to lung kit

@MrDJ and @TP 72 thank you for your replies they gave me Pukka Juice Blackcurrant and Fuji Apple.
I don't know whether it's to do with the airflow? I feel like there's wayyy too much air. I've seen a little vape that has adjustable airflow until I can invest in a decent one if that would be any good?
Thank you for all of your advice!
Hi again, even with the airflow slider closed it’s still quite airy but that suits me. There’s plenty of advice on here if someone can’t answer a question someone else can, there’s plenty of knowledgeable people on here. Good luck with your vaping journey.

I use my rpm 4 MTL but it is a bit airy even with the airflow shut but with the rpm 1.2 ohm coils it’s a reasonable MTL kit, I like it and get good flavour.

Thank you for all of your advice. I'm going to go and order some of the coils you have suggested and if it doesn't work I'll try another vape out.

Personally i think they sold you the completely wrong kit and i would go back.
If you have been using disposables at 20mg i have no idea why they would sell you that kit, its way to airy compared to disposables. I use pod kits for mtl, i like a tighter draw like a cigarette and i use nic salts only. You should be using a mtl only kit imo.
Why they sold you a kit that comes with those coils i will never know. I assume they knew what you were using so they should have given you a starter kit or a pod kit. You need coils from 0.8 up to 1.6. These are mtl coils used at lower wattage on a kit with a restricted airflow.

Something like.....

Voopoo vinci
Aspire Favostix
Aspire flexus Q
Vaporesso Xros 2 or nano or mini

I would 100% go back hun x

Back
Top Bottom