What's new

Questions

Amanda Bragg

I have a geek vape l200 and I have LOVED the **** out of it since I first got it. I came from a smok and hated smok. Well I’ve had mine since it first came out in 2021. Now I’m starting to have trouble with it. Every time I go to take a hit it says there’s no tank (I can’t think of the exact code and don’t have it sitting next to me) or it ask me if it’s a new coil. I would say it’s getting so bad that I get one hit out of ten not even joking. I’m fighting with it more than actually enjoying it now. Is it time to toss it and get a new vape? If yes here’s my next question. What should I get? please don’t suggest smok brand.

should I just order another one of the l200 since I do like it so much? I was hoping to try different one if I need to replace it anyways.

I have a geek vape l200 and I have LOVED the **** out of it since I first got it. I came from a smok and hated smok. Well I’ve had mine since it first came out in 2021. Now I’m starting to have trouble with it. Every time I go to take a hit it says there’s no tank (I can’t think of the exact code and don’t have it sitting next to me) or it ask me if it’s a new coil. I would say it’s getting so bad that I get one hit out of ten not even joking. I’m fighting with it more than actually enjoying it now. Is it time to toss it and get a new vape? If yes here’s my next question. What should I get? please don’t suggest smok brand.

should I just order another one of the l200 since I do like it so much? I was hoping to try different one if I need to replace it anyways.

its pobally saying no atomizer & the asking whether its a new coil happens when you screw the tank on, im thinking maybe juice has got into your board ? and if you really like l200 get another stick with what you know, ive not used that mod but personally prefer the vandy vape gaur21 its a 21700 mod & suits my high wattage vaping style

Hi @Amanda Bragg and welcome to the forum.

As @Mutley1 says the problem is most likely to be juice getting inside the mod. It is possible to take this mod apart and give all the internal parts a good clean with rubbing alcohol but if you don't fancy trying that then you can just buy another mod.

It sounds, from your description, as if you have the Aegis L200 Legend v2 kit which came with the L200 mod and a Zues Z sub ohm tank to use on it. The Zeus Z is a very decent sub ohm tank so there's no reason why you need to change to a different tank if you're happy with it. I would check that the base of the tank you unscrew is all nice and clean and check the gold 510 pin in the base hasn't got lose.

Like I said you don't need to buy a "Kit" with an extra tank. You only need the mod on it's own and there are lots of decent mods to choose from that will all work perfectly fine with your Zues tank. I have the L200 Classic which takes a pair of 21700 batteries as opposed to 18650's which you have inside the L200 'Legend'. One thing about these Geekvape mods is they are very bulky compared to many other mods so you could go for one that takes the same batteries but has a sleeker, nicer feel in the hand. The Vaporesso Gen 200 takes the same batteries and is a very decent mod but weighs only 74 grams so feels really nice and light in the hand.

In terms of maintenance, most of the time juice usually gets into a mod through the threaded 510 connector so every so often use something like a bit of kitchen paper to give that connector a good clean out to remove any juice or dirt that starts to build up. Also inside the mod give all the battery connectors and internal surfaces a clean up and that should keep your mod working nicely for a lot longer.

its pobally saying no atomizer & the asking whether its a new coil happens when you screw the tank on, im thinking maybe juice has got into your board ? and if you really like l200 get another stick with what you know, ive not used that mod but personally prefer the vandy vape gaur21 its a 21700 mod & suits my high wattage vaping style
I usually vape around 35 so I’m thinking that might be too much for me lol. But thank u! I’m thinking it got inside the mid itself. I usually clean the connector on the mod and tank every time I change my coil

Hi @Amanda Bragg and welcome to the forum.

As @Mutley1 says the problem is most likely to be juice getting inside the mod. It is possible to take this mod apart and give all the internal parts a good clean with rubbing alcohol but if you don't fancy trying that then you can just buy another mod.

It sounds, from your description, as if you have the Aegis L200 Legend v2 kit which came with the L200 mod and a Zues Z sub ohm tank to use on it. The Zeus Z is a very decent sub ohm tank so there's no reason why you need to change to a different tank if you're happy with it. I would check that the base of the tank you unscrew is all nice and clean and check the gold 510 pin in the base hasn't got lose.

Like I said you don't need to buy a "Kit" with an extra tank. You only need the mod on it's own and there are lots of decent mods to choose from that will all work perfectly fine with your Zues tank. I have the L200 Classic which takes a pair of 21700 batteries as opposed to 18650's which you have inside the L200 'Legend'. One thing about these Geekvape mods is they are very bulky compared to many other mods so you could go for one that takes the same batteries but has a sleeker, nicer feel in the hand. The Vaporesso Gen 200 takes the same batteries and is a very decent mod but weighs only 74 grams so feels really nice and light in the hand.

In terms of maintenance, most of the time juice usually gets into a mod through the threaded 510 connector so every so often use something like a bit of kitchen paper to give that connector a good clean out to remove any juice or dirt that starts to build up. Also inside the mod give all the battery connectors and internal surfaces a clean up and that should keep your mod working nicely for a lot longer.
So I would have to take the actual mod apart and clean the inside? I clean the connectors where the tank and mod meet everytime I change my coil. I’ve never heard of juice getting actually inside the mod itself, however I’ve only been vaping since 2 The person above mentioned the same thing as well. If that is the case I’m going to just buy a new one

So I would have to take the actual mod apart and clean the inside? I clean the connectors where the tank and mod meet everytime I change my coil. I’ve never heard of juice getting actually inside the mod itself, however I’ve only been vaping since 2 The person above mentioned the same thing as well. If that is the case I’m going to just buy a new one

That's the thing with exhaling juice vapour. Over time it gets in however hard you try to keep things clean. Then of course the constant shaking when you carry it around in a pocket or bag, there's lots of ways the micro chips and circuitry can get damaged or juice can find its way in. I don't think it's all that hard to get the mod apart if you want to try to give it a thorough clean and see if that works but if you don't fancy trying that a decent mod should come in around the £30 mark to buy new.

If you stick to a mod that takes the same size batteries you don't need to spend any extra money on having to buy different size ones. Like I said, there are quite a few options for dual 18650 mods so it's really a matter of choosing which one you like the look of.

I don't have one of the Vaporesso Gen 200 mods that I mentioned earlier but I do have one of their original Gen mods which I've had for a few years and still works just fine.

I had a similar issue with my T200 and it was Juice or Condensation in the 510 Connection. My solution was taking off the Tank and wiping the Bottom of the Tank with Bog Roll and doing the same with the Mod. I then stood it upside down on Tissue for an hour or 2. It's been fine ever since. I think with mine it was the Tank that was the main culprit. Geekvape Mods are usually pretty sturdy and reliable so don't go out Panic buying another.

Have you recently bought new coils from somewhere like ebay? some of the cheaper coils are not up to scratch and a bad connection can give that type of fault reading

Hi @Amanda Bragg
all great advice above.
may not be the mod but the tank or coil. if you originally had a smok i gues youve got a smok tank laying around. if you could try that on the mod just to see if you get the same message. if not then its the tank or the coil.
as said fleabay or amazon may have some decent suppliers but there are also loads of fakes and clones on there.
ive had the issue with my L200 a couple of times and it always turned out to be the coil. if you push the coil fully into the two grooves then sometimes its not contacting the 510 pin so shows this message. when i push my coil in i push it about half way down, click on new coil and thats it. tried with same coil pushing all the way down and got a couple of new coil messages.

you can never have too many mods :D
a steal at £9.99 https://www.e-cigclouds.co.uk/product/vaporesso-gen-box-mod-220w/

Back
Top Bottom