What's new

new VAT rules for imports from 1st jan 2021

When have they been bothered about that, or would be bothered, since the red wall came down, at least. And besides, they would blame it on the EU. Anyone brainy enough to navigate the following?..

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/sections

https://www.trade-tariff.service.gov.uk/a-z-index/a

i think this will affect parcels from everywhere though, not just europe. i think they are very bothered about their public image, that’s why they lie constantly and are always trying to cover things up. it’s why BJ did that bizarre interview about model buses, to try and skew google results from putting his brexit bus and the story about that fruit loop american model he was shagging at the top.

One thing thats a help is the fact Mr Don Fart got his arse kicked. Not because he was a total nutjob but because our £ is worth an extra 15 cents go back a bit further i remember getting $1.155 via paypal. the rate on teletext is always slightly out to paypals conversion but only about 3c less. Teletext today $1.37 for a quid 21.5cents extra lets say $1.34 via paypal so 18.5 cents. i think put back to Pounds its around 15pence per pound difference so 15%. thats going to pay most of the 20% Vat. i think the postage fee gets Vat as the big couriers used to charge Vat on Shipping as well as the item plus their extortion Fee on a pulled item.

One thing thats a help is the fact Mr Don Fart got his arse kicked. Not because he was a total nutjob but because our £ is worth an extra 15 cents go back a bit further i remember getting $1.155 via paypal. the rate on teletext is always slightly out to paypals conversion but only about 3c less. Teletext today $1.37 for a quid 21.5cents extra lets say $1.34 via paypal so 18.5 cents. i think put back to Pounds its around 15pence per pound difference so 15%. thats going to pay most of the 20% Vat. i think the postage fee gets Vat as the big couriers used to charge Vat on Shipping as well as the item plus their extortion Fee on a pulled item.
Kudos for still using Teletext! I thought they'd stopped the signal

DPD tryed to charge me £60 fees for an £16 single duvet cover and 2 pillow cases. I refused to pay and DPD passed it to debt collectors who tryed to add more money. I phoned the Debt collectors explained i had receipts to prove there should be no fees. she tryed to say it does not matter. I said instead of trying it on take me to court where i can prove to the judge no fees where applicable. I then mentioned my mental health and said would you be happy if i was a member of your family with the problems i have she could not answer it and i said you are just a heartless woman. Take me to court instead of trying to add money.
I have heard nothing since. I think there maybe rules for folks with mental health issues that stop companies trying it on. Voda did a similar thing yesterday as they fucked up and hadn't put my Mobile bill on direct debit. I payed that it was £29 and now its on direct debit. I sent an email to the debt company and Voda. They have now added my health conditions to my account. I think it is to stop other employees making a mistake
Back to the new rules. Just avoid EU purchases. avoid fees. Yes you still pay 20% VAT but no import fees. Stop letting courier companys from stealing your moneys. Make the Eu suffer, there are more countries that will lose out but UK won't.
Import fees etc should only apply to business not personal purchases.

The thing is though, some companies in the EU/world can't be arsed with the new UK rules and paperwork so have decided not to ship to UK customers..... So the UK does lose out

The thing is though, some companies in the EU/world can't be arsed with the new UK rules and paperwork so have decided not to ship to UK customers..... So the UK does lose out

exactly, and people lose out. that guardian article posted above talks about poor cunts getting billed £100 out the blue for fees they had no idea about, for stuff they’ve already paid for and won’t get the money back if they refuse the fees. it’s total shite.

exactly, and people lose out. that guardian article posted above talks about poor cunts getting billed £100 out the blue for fees they had no idea about, for stuff they’ve already paid for and won’t get the money back if they refuse the fees. it’s total shite.
Reading that article certainly instilled a level of fear about my pending delivery from Atmomixani because I paid a price including VAT, and I’m convinced that they haven’t registered with the uk to do that.

Reading that article certainly instilled a level of fear about my pending delivery from Atmomixani because I paid a price including VAT, and I’m convinced that they haven’t registered with the uk to do that.

have they put a uk vat number on the invoice? if so you should be able to check it somewhere on gov.uk

have they put a uk vat number on the invoice? if so you should be able to check it somewhere on gov.uk
Just going to wait and see. DHL don’t seem to be in a hurry so I reckon I’ve got a few months to save up for the £1000 bill on a £150 order.

Just going to wait and see. DHL don’t seem to be in a hurry so I reckon I’ve got a few months to save up for the £1000 bill on a £150 order.

at £150 it’s not just vat then, it will also risk getting hit with the import duty. may have been avoided if they hadn’t charged the vat. that will have bumped it over the £139 threshold. good luck...

Back
Top Bottom