What's new

Nicotine suppliers in UK

Another place is Vapour r us £ 62 per litre but it's only in the wholesale section might need VAT number or might be as simple as when you fill out address have to put a name in the company box.

Not sure I agree.. They are taking a big gamble selling this under TPD. The potential fine could easily exceed any profit.
No they are not taking a risk the law on nicotine hasn't changed only in regard to vaping which is why you can't get it like before from vaping sites but if you are not a vaping company and sell nicotine the TPD has no bearing.

Not sure I agree.. They are taking a big gamble selling this under TPD. The potential fine could easily exceed any profit.

No they are not taking a risk the law on nicotine hasn't changed only in regard to vaping which is why you can't get it like before from vaping sites but if you are not a vaping company and sell nicotine the TPD has no bearing.

major hazzard, they are not taking a gamble, just profiteering, there is no risk to them at all.

As timwis says, the law on selling nicotine has not changed, apart from selling in diluted in a solution that is intended to be used in "electronic cigarettes"
72mg nicotine that is sold just for what it is, is perfectly legal.

It's just another example of what a confusing, ill thought out, and flimsy regulation TPD is.
Look, according to the rules, its okay to sell it B2B, my wife has a small business, so in theory can buy gallons of the stuff if she so desires.....................

I'm sure you know better than me. I've read the legislation and believe that all nicotine over 20mg is prohibited from the market.. Regardless of the intended use. B2B sales are unaffected but that isn't what this thread was discussing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e-cigar...ucts#guidance-on-the-content-of-notifications

) Nicotine-containing liquid should only be allowed to be placed on the market under this Directive, where the
nicotine concentration does not exceed 20 mg/ml. This concentration allows for a delivery of nicotine that is
comparable to the permitted dose of nicotine derived from a standard cigarette during the time needed to smoke
such a cigarette. In order to limit the risks associated with nicotine, maximum sizes for refill containers, tanks and
cartridges should be set.

I'm sure you know better than me. I've read the legislation and believe that all nicotine over 20mg is prohibited from the market.. Regardless of the intended use. B2B sales are unaffected but that isn't what this thread was discussing.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/e-cigar...ucts#guidance-on-the-content-of-notifications

) Nicotine-containing liquid should only be allowed to be placed on the market under this Directive, where the
nicotine concentration does not exceed 20 mg/ml. This concentration allows for a delivery of nicotine that is
comparable to the permitted dose of nicotine derived from a standard cigarette during the time needed to smoke
such a cigarette. In order to limit the risks associated with nicotine, maximum sizes for refill containers, tanks and

Sorry mate, but you are wrong in questioning my post.

1) "but that isn't what this thread was discussing." the OP asked whether a particular supplier was reliable etc, as he wanted to purchase a dilution of nicotine. That is was has been discussed, including several alternative suppliers.

2) "B2B sales are unaffected but that isn't what this thread was discussing." that was exactly my point my wife can buy gallons of the stuff if she so desires.

As I have said the TPD regs are ill thought out, confusing, misleading rubbish.

Yes that legislation is only in relation to e-cigarettes

major hazzard, they are not taking a gamble, just profiteering, there is no risk to them at all.

As timwis says, the law on selling nicotine has not changed, apart from selling in diluted in a solution that is intended to be used in "electronic cigarettes"
72mg nicotine that is sold just for what it is, is perfectly legal.

It's just another example of what a confusing, ill thought out, and flimsy regulation TPD is.
Look, according to the rules, its okay to sell it B2B, my wife has a small business, so in theory can buy gallons of the stuff if she so desires.....................

Yeah, darkstar are well respected.
But the new "nic shots" cost a fortune.
I used to pay them about £30 a litre, the same amount of nicotine (mg x 4 x volume of liquid) calculates out at £355 a litre !!!!!!!

Just been sent info on this.
We have said before in other threads about the so called nicotine shots, and the horrendous price they are compared to pre TPD.
These guys win the prize for the most expensive nicotine on the UK market !!

https://larbrook.co.uk/index.php?id_category=40&controller=category

1.99 for a 10ml shot of 18mg.
That converts (10 x 100 volume x 4 strength)
Hey presto the equivalent of a litre of 72mg now costs £796.....
A bit more than the £30 ish we used to pay...........

@Badboybez - Thing is the 10ml 18mg one shots aren't aimed at DIYers and not are ideal for use in DIY. They're aimed at people who want to convert 50ml of 0mg premade juice into 60mls of 3mg premade juice. The wholesale shot prices are aimed at vendors who want to supply nic shots to their customers for the purpose I just described in an attempt to circumvent restrictive new legislation. Not saying that TPD was well thought out or that the current situation is ideal. I just don't see how converting the 18mg nic 10ml shot price to the equivalent of a 72mg litre bottle of nic is relevant. Making your own e-liquid isn't the same as adding a 10ml shot to a 50ml bottle of premade juice.

Back
Top Bottom