What's new

Nicotine suppliers in UK

I'm not sure how raging about 'piss taking' prices is helpful to anyone tbh, but whatever floats yer boat I s'pose :)

Sorry, maybe I should have said "the massive prices that some greedy vendors are pushing through, despite no change in their manufacturing / supply chain costs"
Obviously I could have mused on the point that they are acting as part of a cartel, but that is against the law.
Could have mentioned that their supply is effectively controlled by the the big pharma companies, that would rather see us on their nicotine patches.
But as a simple man, I simply briefly stated they way I felt about it.
Sorry if I offended you ;-))

Sorry, maybe I should have said "the massive prices that some greedy vendors are pushing through, despite no change in their manufacturing / supply chain costs"
Obviously I could have mused on the point that they are acting as part of a cartel, but that is against the law.
Could have mentioned that their supply is effectively controlled by the the big pharma companies, that would rather see us on their nicotine patches.
But as a simple man, I simply briefly stated they way I felt about it.
Sorry if I offended you ;-))

I'm not offended at all, why would you think that? It wasn't your language that I thought unhelpful. Just don't see how getting knickers in a knot and all het up over something that everyone has had a year to prepare for is helpful to someone aking where they can buy nic from. There isn't even any value in discussion, it is what it is, and no amount of crying about prices is gonna change that. New DIYers will find a way to get their hands on reasonably priced nic or they won't. Yep it's harsh and unfair but so are loads of things in life.

I'm not offended at all, why would you think that? It wasn't your language that I thought unhelpful. Just don't see how getting knickers in a knot and all het up over something that everyone has had a year to prepare for is helpful to someone aking where they can buy nic from. There isn't even any value in discussion, it is what it is, and no amount of crying about prices is gonna change that. New DIYers will find a way to get their hands on reasonably priced nic or they won't. Yep it's harsh and unfair but so are loads of things in life.

Hi yappycat,

Not het up at all, just stating the relevant facts about purchasing nicotine since 20 May.
You, and I have had a year to prepare for, but obviously some people have not.
Quite right, new DIYers will find "hopefully" find a vendor to buy it from at a reasonable price, but I doubt that at the moment.
So if I can help / hint I will.
If no one complains, then nothing will change............
Although I don't need it I may buy 500ml from the one supplier that I am aware of selling it, then donate, not sell, to my local mixing club, just to stick 2 fingers up to the authorities ;-))

Regards badboybez

Sometimes we all need a good rant! :angrymob:

It is rather annoying the new legislation forcing it off the market. I would love to see some very reasonable alternatives proffered by companies, BUT it is still early days! There may be a turn in the market and things could be developed... at cheaper prices! We shall live in hope.... I'm rationing my litres of nicotine in the freezer already! :18:

Fair do's, complaining about unfair prices in a vape forum ain't gonna change anything tho. Writing to your local MP would probs be equally as ineffective, but here you're just preaching to the converted. Plenty of other ways to cause the powers that be a headache - atm I'm in the process of baiting my local council about their vape policy. I sent them a FOI request and as expected their policies are just asking for someone to troll them about it. Probs won't get me anywhere, but at least I'll have had a pop at them...and I can always blog about it, get other folk to start hassling their own council and political representatives.

Sometimes we all need a good rant! :angrymob:

It is rather annoying the new legislation forcing it off the market. I would love to see some very reasonable alternatives proffered by companies, BUT it is still early days! There may be a turn in the market and things could be developed... at cheaper prices! We shall live in hope.... I'm rationing my litres of nicotine in the freezer already! :18:

Cant get all mine in the freezer at the moment, the OH is going ape.
But then she goes on holiday in a month, so I will just dump the food, and say I ate it....................

One way it can be done is registering a business costs less than £50 and just stay permanently in the trying to get your flavours right mode never getting to the point of having to pay the MHRA anything you will be able to get all your DIY stuff trade. Might even be able to claim some of the money back as a business cost lol

One way it can be done is registering a business costs less than £50 and just stay permanently in the trying to get your flavours right mode never getting to the point of having to pay the MHRA anything you will be able to get all your DIY stuff trade. Might even be able to claim some of the money back as a business cost lol

I believe that is to register as a company, which is not required to be a 'business'. Anyone can be a Sole Trader (which is a business), you don't have to register - and provided you don't make taxable income with a 'business' you may not have to register with HMRC - see here. HOWEVER, arguably, strictly... I don't know if you'd actually be a business if you don't actually perform any sort of trade function. I also think it's not permissible to create a company to not earn a profit and serve as 'tax avoidance'; in the start, it's OK to run at a loss, but any tax investigator worth their salt would have a lot of questions for you! :D

I believe that is to register as a company, which is not required to be a 'business'. Anyone can be a Sole Trader (which is a business), you don't have to register - and provided you don't make taxable income with a 'business' you may not have to register with HMRC - see here. HOWEVER, arguably, strictly... I don't know if you'd actually be a business if you don't actually perform any sort of trade function. I also think it's not permissible to create a company to not earn a profit and serve as 'tax avoidance'; in the start, it's OK to run at a loss, but any tax investigator worth their salt would have a lot of questions for you! :D
Christ, have an holiday i was jesting about

Back
Top Bottom