What's new

Obs engine 2 lacking flavour

OK, so another update.

Thanks for the tips guys, seem to have cracked it.

Currently running a 2x 2.5mm id 6 wrap 24awg Ni80 flatwire, either cotton seems to work fine. Running it at 50w and the flavour is good! Finally!

I doubt it's just the wire.... more likely to be something in the wicking technique... anything else you have changed ? (ie shorter wicks?)

I doubt it's just the wire.... more likely to be something in the wicking technique... anything else you have changed ? (ie shorter wicks?)
Nope, wicks the same length and fit inside each cool. Haven't changed anything else. P

I just sold mine but not for the lack of flavour, that was the only thing tempting me to keep it but airflow was just not enough for me. I tried 3 pretty different builds in and the flavour was immense on all of them, like someone said above you do need to bend the coils out a little and try sit them JUST above the airflow holes.

If that thing was more airy theres no way I would have got rid of it :( got the Zeus Dual instead and thats more to my liking, maybe even still a little restrictive.

As much as it pains me, as i hate spending money on kit i just dont get on with, i: calling it a day on the obs.

After many, many build attempts, the flavour just isnt good enough, which i’m very surprised about given the rave reviews online.

What looks like the right amount of wicking often is too much. Muted flavour, despite plenty of vapour production.

Thin it out slightly too much (still filling the holes sufficiently visually) and the thing floods when you refill it and pisses jiuce out of the air holes and drip tip.

The actual build deck is ok once you get used to it, contrary to the reviews.

Just a bit of a fail imo and most definitoy not deserved if the hype. I do wonder if the original engine nano is better, and i would have got that to be honest had it still been available.

Shame, as the look of the thing, the size, capacity snd fill system is great. Another one resigned to the “shouldnt have bothered” storage tray. Maybe ill get some enthusiaism for it in a few months time, but im fed up of building and or wicking it every night for the last fornight or so, only to spend the following day being disappointed.

Back
Top Bottom