What's new

Review Origen V2 - quick first impressions compared to V1 Clone

On most of my RDA's I remove the cap and carefully soak the wicks, unless I'm using the Double Cross in the car, I sat in the house with it and took off the cap and carefully counted the number of drops required. Then when in the car, I hand it to the gf with instructions to drip 10 drops having removed just the drip tip. From dry it actually holds 15 plus drops, but I hate dry hits even with voodoo wool wick so I ask her to prime it as soon as the taste starts to change.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

On most of my RDA's I remove the cap and carefully soak the wicks, unless I'm using the Double Cross in the car, I sat in the house with it and took off the cap and carefully counted the number of drops required. Then when in the car, I hand it to the gf with instructions to drip 10 drops having removed just the drip tip. From dry it actually holds 15 plus drops, but I hate dry hits even with voodoo wool wick so I ask her to prime it as soon as the taste starts to change.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Sorry didnt see this thread being updated, thanks for the response, good to know I am not just some freak dripper user for sure I'm not a tip dripper doesnt feel right to me, but aye cant imagine driving with the elbows whilst laying down the juice on the wicks would be a good move :eek:)

Dirty boy

I have had this set up in my v2 for a couple of weeks now.
I suppose I had better give it a good dry burn .... when I get around to it :D

@roballan Thanks for the lowdown.

Hope you can make this out from my duff camera..
Snapshot201405131.jpg

The cotton is fed in from the top down & the bit i normally see cut at the top, i leave it long & bend it back down one side of the coil & tuck it all in the well. It's propped against the centre post. I figure that it adds to the wicking.
I've done two builds , first one @0.6ohm & i used all day at work today. This second one i did @0.8ohm because i felt the flavour was muted. Not sure which way to go with it just yet but i'll mess about till i get a better flavour.
The device itself is top drawer material, deffo, & it's easy to build on. Those negative screws do a good job of staying put & i'm a fan of that little detail. The hole through the centre post is equally good & i didn't realize it had one till i got it. I can't help thinking that horizontal coils might be worth a go for getting more air flow round them.

The MCV Atomic still wins so far ! :umm:;):grin2:

EDIT. it's only fair to say, after a day's gone by my taste buds are definitely on a holiday so i won't blame any devices or builds, can't taste anything vapey other than stale tones... Bluuughh.

Last edited:
Dirty boy

I have had this set up in my v2 for a couple of weeks now.
I suppose I had better give it a good dry burn .... when I get around to it :D

hmmm tastey :) not tried mesh I'm still in RBA kinder garden :) bloody good pic tho marmite :)

@roballan Thanks for the lowdown.

Hope you can make this out from my duff camera..
Snapshot201405131.jpg

The cotton is fed in from the top down & the bit i normally see cut at the top, i leave it long & bend it back down one side of the coil & tuck it all in the well. It's propped against the centre post. I figure that it adds to the wicking.
I've done two builds , first one @0.6ohm & i used all day at work today. This second one i did @0.8ohm because i felt the flavour was muted. Not sure which way to go with it just yet but i'll mess about till i get a better flavour.
The device itself is top drawer material, deffo, & it's easy to build on. Those negative screws do a good job of staying put & i'm a fan of that little detail. The hole through the centre post is equally good & i didn't realize it had one till i got it. I can't help thinking that horizontal coils might be worth a go for getting more air flow round them.

The MCV Atomic still wins so far ! :umm:;):grin2:

That still voodoo n ribbon? need to order some ribbon to try but will hang fire as only just got wire from SV. I cant say I feel the flavour is muted if you think it is that Atomic must be fing mental :)

That still voodoo n ribbon? need to order some ribbon to try but will hang fire as only just got wire from SV. I cant say I feel the flavour is muted if you think it is that Atomic must be fing mental :)

Cotton wool & .30mm kanthal wire. I have no ribbon but i will get around to it.
I'm on a quest to find my fave dripper & it's going pretty well, would like to try the zenith V2 still & possibly the magma but so far i havn't found anything to touch the atomic. When i decide my fave i will buy a second one of whichever it is & right now it's the atomic, hands down but i've only just got the origen so i'm still experimenting. If it's down to what build you use then i havn't done the right build yet & i'm ebbing toward a 1ohm & up to see what happens. This .8ohm & the .6ohm build has killed my powwow sauce's sweet edge but in the atomic, a .6ohm build fires sweet digestive biscuits at me.

Last edited:
Cotton wool & .30mm kanthal wire. I have no ribbon but i will get around to it.
I'm on a quest to find my fave dripper & it's going pretty well, would like to try the zenith V2 still & possibly the magma but so far i havn't found anything to touch the atomic. When i decide my fave i will buy a second one of whichever it is & right now it's the atomic, hands down but i've only just got the origen so i'm still experimenting. If it's down to what build you use then i havn't done the right build yet & i'm ebbing toward a 1ohm & up to see what happens. This .8ohm & the .6ohm build has killed my powwow sauce's sweet edge but in the atomic, a .6ohm build fires sweet digestive biscuits at me.

I reckon we find stuff that impresses but Is there really a ONE, I reckon its a myth to keep us interested chasing the shinys and thanks to you I have another on my list :)

I reckon we find stuff that impresses but Is there really a ONE, I reckon its a myth to keep us interested chasing the shinys and thanks to you I have another on my list :)

haha, i wouldn't say it if i didn't genuinely mean it but then we all get our kicks in our own way. I don't declare to be a qualified attyist, just a vaper who actually takes this part seriously to meet my own ends. I just share my journey but that's all it is. The Atomic from MCV though is the dogs bollox imo. :57:

Quick update post:

More for advice and to share thoughts than anything as its all trial and error for me at this point still being very fresh on the block with RBA's

Done a new build A/as I need the practice, practice makes perfect n all that.
B/never built horizontal before other than protanks, think vertical is easier tbh.

Similar theme to the vertical five wraps .32 2mm more effort trying to make both the same came out .4 on the nose

Pics:

Seem to be lighting up evenly and faster than build one, but not sure if there is some technique to getting both coils exact same position horizontally rather than a coil width apart, vertically there the same.
DSC_0192.jpg

Less is more right well I think I went a little overboard? this went in shows how big the wells are for those without the dripper: (more could of aswell)
908e5000-a794-4698-bb30-3837ad770b59.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

Sorry big bloody cotton ball in background doesnt help:

DSC_0202.jpg

Coil poistion in terms of air hole the very bottom of the coil sits just above the air hole.

Vapes allot hotter compared to my first one, but doesnt feel as thick vaper wise and taste is less an EPIC FAIL.

Whats your thoughts, less cotton? (probably irrelevant in terms of vape as cotton around in coil felt right wasnt overly tight) drop the coils to line up with air hole? (just wanted to try this as have read some devices benefit with air coming in underneath.

or just sack off horizontal on this ati?

Last daft pic could make a canny avatar.

Makes me think of some Mythical Vaping Metal Viking going into battle (lol did I just say that outloud)
1548f5ff-485e-4c84-857a-6aa4402d260f.jpg

Rob

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom