What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

Am I the only one who finds that number somewhat depressing? May have only been a week but we haven't even scraped past 25k yet and there's over 4 million vapers out there.

Am I the only one who finds that number somewhat depressing? May have only been a week but we haven't even scraped past 25k yet and there's over 4 million vapers out there.

I'm going with not all 4 million have heard about it yet. There's probably a large portion that only ever get their vape juice from a high-street store etc. and are oblivious. So it's going to be on those outlets to get the word out. I have seen a lot of progress there, with stores displaying signs and QR codes, but it needs to be everywhere.

Early days, the petition lasts for 6 months.

Be lucky to double that, it simply wont be a lot of vapers priority, or at the forefront of their minds, believe it or not a couple of clicks of a mouse is hassle for some folks or they forget about it and bin the leaflet.... hope Im wrong though.

Signed, even though I'm one of those arseholes who mainly vapes menthol and could happily live with a permanently mentholated arsehole. :)

Signed, even though I'm one of those arseholes who mainly vapes menthol and could happily live with a permanently mentholated arsehole. :)

You're welcome...

upload_2024-2-21_13-31-45.png

For the mentholated areshole that is, don't vape it!

Here we go again..

Wes Streeting said that the party was considering the move as he accused “Big Tobacco” and the vaping industry of “crying crocodile tears” about the rise of vaping among children.

During a visit to Australia last week, he said that the vaping industry should be made to go “back to its roots” as a genuine smoking cessation aid, only available to those trying to quit.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2023/12/05/vaping-prescription-labour-government-ecigarettes/

Last edited:
Those that think they'll be fine if flavour bans introduced because they vape tobacco or menthol could be in for a nasty surprise. There's no guarantee that every current tobacco or menthol flavour will get the green flag, and many decent tobacco recipes are a blend of several Tobaccos and non tobacco flavours that could come under the ban hammer. You probably have a difficult time enjoying those hints of fig, vanilla or whatever if the 'approved' tobacco flavours don't have it.

If restrictions are introduced and tobacco/menthol/mint recipes are allowed regardless of which flavourings are included, which is pretty unlikely, there is no guarantee that the manufacturers will survive as most of their other juice lines will have been banned and they will lose a large proportion of their customer base.

Those that think they'll be fine if flavour bans introduced because they vape tobacco or menthol could be in for a nasty surprise. There's no guarantee that every current tobacco or menthol flavour will get the green flag, and many decent tobacco recipes are a blend of several Tobaccos and non tobacco flavours that could come under the ban hammer. You probably have a difficult time enjoying those hints of fig, vanilla or whatever if the 'approved' tobacco flavours don't have it.

If restrictions are introduced and tobacco/menthol/mint recipes are allowed regardless of which flavourings are included, which is pretty unlikely, there is no guarantee that the manufacturers will survive as most of their other juice lines will have been banned and they will lose a large proportion of their customer base.
I agree and think that if just the proposed baccy, mint or menthol flavours are allowed, it will be a race to the bottom, on price, among the juice makers that think it still worthwhile trying to make a living under those impositions and the potential for losing the expertise gained over the years could be deep felt and long lasting.

Back
Top Bottom