What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

Exactly that ^

Kids are always going to try shit they're not supposed to... that's the appeal... fags, booze, drugs and.... even.... ooohhhhhh.... vapes (which is, incidently, the least harmful in that list)

.. but that the youth are attracted to sweet flavours is also true (and adults too)...
.. doesn't make it right banning them...

aye, i wasn’t commenting on whether banning them is right or wrong. that is an entirely subjective matter which comes down to personal opinion. :)

what kind of message does that send? That as long as my flavours are protected fuck everyone else.

what kind of message does that send? That as long as my flavours are protected fuck everyone else.

Basically.

Like I said early in the thread, this petition is really badly worded but unfortunately it is/was the only one mentioning flavours.

Personally speaking - other than the issue of people chucking them in the street (which in my own observations is both kids and adults) and them catching fire in bin lorries and recycling centres (which could apply to any device with a built in Lithium Ion battery), I actually see disposables are a useful tool for smokers wanting to make the switch.

Something that does amuse me is all the major vape retailers are now pushing the petition, yet they still continuing to advertise and profit from the sales of disposables.

yQZ8Ugg.gif

Last edited:
I agree (that the wording of the petition was unfortunate, and has been mentioned before)...

But I can see where they (the author) was coming from...

Loads of people hate disposables for quite a few reasons (discussed much elsewhere), and I presume the author to be saying "Hey, we don't like disposables either, and don't mind them being banned (or maybe actually want them banned), but leave us "legitimate" vapers alone.. banning flavours is a step too far..."
And also if banning disposables could be some kind of compromise for them to leave most of the other proposed restrictions alone, then I would be OK with that...
(sentence above is almost certainly wishful thinking I know)

Something that does amuse me is all the major vape retailers are now pushing the petition, yet they still continuing to advertise and profit from the sales of disposables.
Surely all vendors probably realise that the disposables ban is pretty much a done deal (or appears to be)...
.. so make hay while the sun shines...

ezgif-7-de1a3a4163.gif

Let them have their cake and eat it, it won't be too long until they are fighting over the crumbs.

Surely all vendors probably realise that the disposables ban is pretty much a done deal (or appears to be)...
.. so make hay while the sun shines...

I suppose they'll need to make money now to buy in all the tobacco, menthol and "fruit" liquids when the flavour ban goes through too.

Personally speaking - other than the issue of people chucking them in the street (which in my own observations is both kids and adults) and them catching fire in bin lorries and recycling centres (which could apply to any device with a built in Lithium Ion battery), I actually see disposables are a useful tool for smokers wanting to make the switch.

this is quite a few negatives. would you add lithium batteries in landfill to the list?

Back
Top Bottom