What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

I swear most peeps think the petition doesn't apply to them or something...

It feels like practically everyone I've mentioned it to recently says something like "That's outrageous" or "They can't do that".. and then wander off without signing the petition...

You can lead a horse to water.....TBH though petitions are ten a penny these days, I think most folks can't be arsed cos it's just another petition which will make fk all difference as all the other petitions have done.

I swear most peeps think the petition doesn't apply to them or something...

It feels like practically everyone I've mentioned it to recently says something like "That's outrageous" or "They can't do that".. and then wander off without signing the petition...
Learned helplessness.

I feel like any consideration given to such a petition will be pure optics. They're going to push it through anyway, so why bother? Of course that is then used as justification to push it through.

i might crack open an alcopop :)

1712746837283.png
1712746801699.png

One appeals to kids, the other is perfectly acceptable.

tenor.gif

View attachment 352352View attachment 352351

One appeals to kids, the other is perfectly acceptable.

tenor.gif

yes, they look very similar. but from what i can see the research shows alcopops didn’t really appeal to kids. i never knew any kids, teenagers, youngsters drinking them. popular items were eldorado, buckfast thunderbird and sanatogen wines, merrydown, cans of breaker and for the hardcore kestrel supers.

maybe md 20/20 but it’s questionable whether you could class it alcopops.

i only ever bought a blue wkd once when i was in my 30s cause someone told me to mix it with port to make a cheeky vimto. it was rank.

disposables on the other hand, definitely appeal to kids. i think we would all accept this.

we can all come out with the usual predictable moan and spurious comparisons and ignore the reality, it is okay to do so :)

the alcopop hysteria would be better compared with the cartoon eliquid bottles. we know it’s mostly adults that buy them, but didn’t stop the puritans getting a bee in their bunnet.

but that weans are attracted to disposables is true.

Aye, we shouldn't be banning things just because kids might like them.

My preferred solution would be to restrict the sales of them to legit vape shops and stores with a tobacco licence, like supermarkets. Then fine the fuck out of anyone else caught selling them.

Kids will still get them, just like they can get booze and fags from licenced stores, but at least it cuts down on all the mobile phone shops etc selling them. A blackmarket would still exist, but it will either way and that's a separate issue.

The whole scorched earth approach they're taking is just stupid... but we all know why they're doing it and it's not because they care about the kids.

Back
Top Bottom