What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

in my experience it is. alcohol free is a different thing, it’s overpriced because it is a niche market for weirdos.
Oi!

But maybe you're right, as someone who has routinely been called Weird Andy and Andy Weird for many years
ninja.gif

guin.jpg

i think it would trouble me, drinking alcohol free stout. i had alcohol free wheat beer once by accident, it tasted not bad.

or it could be that i’m full of shite, wouldn’t be the first time :)

No i think you are right... sort of.

But I think it may be more to do with distilling time or in the case of bourbon the extra 10 years it's been sat in the barrel or whatever. I don't think it's more expensive just because it's more alcoholic.

i think it would trouble me, drinking alcohol free stout. i had alcohol free wheat beer once by accident, it tasted not bad.
I drink it on my try dry app alcohol free days. The standard Guinness is crap these days, never the same since they lowered the abv down from around 4.5 to 4.1, popular with young people though, outsold lager last year - apparently . Guinness produce over 3 million pints per day at St James Gate.

that’s what i mean, i’ve always found it odd that 3mg and 18mg are the same price. from a big bottle of the stronger stuff, i can make 4l of 18 or 6l of 12. that would be 24l of 3. must make a difference in cost.
It does

Man I'm one of those alcohol free weirdos. I'm trying to cut down because I recently read that daily consumption of alcohol, in itself, is really bad for you, and by 10pm I get really bored of tea and coffee. So 2 or 3 days a week I switch from full fat to AF to give my liver a break.

It's been quite interesting, I have found that they vary massively. The one from Thornbridge (who I normally rate very highly) is pure diluted piss. The guinness is OK IMO, perhaps a bit too sweet compared to the full fat version.

For lager the best one I've tried is Lucky Saint, but their hazy IPA is not great... for something more hoppy my favourite is Big Drop Poolside.

No i think you are right... sort of.

But I think it may be more to do with distilling time or in the case of bourbon the extra 10 years it's been sat in the barrel or whatever. I don't think it's more expensive just because it's more alcoholic.

aye but the aged stuff isn’t necessarily stronger. i can buy 40% brandy for about twelve quid, or a very fancy xo brandy for fifty quid which is also 40%.

see also single malt.

Back
Top Bottom