What's new

Parliament Petition: Don’t ban flavoured e-liquids for e-cigarettes

from a tax point of view maybe not. but from a simple cost point of view it only makes sense. it costs a manufacturer more in raw materials to make a 10ml bottle of 18mg than 3mg, for example. generally, things that are stronger, or more concentrated, cost more per unit of volume.

True as more nicotine is used but afaik the cost to the consumer is usually the same for 10ml with 18mg or 3mg and manufacturers will be using high strength nicotine and buying in bulk so the cost won't be a significant factor at least until a duty comes in.

True as more nicotine is used but afaik the cost to the consumer is usually the same for 10ml with 18mg or 3mg and manufacturers will be using high strength nicotine and buying in bulk so the cost won't be a significant factor at least until a duty comes in.

that’s what i mean, i’ve always found it odd that 3mg and 18mg are the same price. from a big bottle of the stronger stuff, i can make 4l of 18 or 6l of 12. that would be 24l of 3. must make a difference in cost.

that’s what i mean, i’ve always found it odd that 3mg and 18mg are the same price. from a big bottle of the stronger stuff, i can make 4l of 18 or 6l of 12. that would be 24l of 3. must make a difference in cost.

It's better that way though, otherwise new vapers might go for the lower nic options to save some money and be unsuccessful at switching. I don't know who made the decision to price e-juice that way, but I think it was a good one. You buy the strength you need and it all costs the same.

It just keeps things simple anyway doesn't it? ... one flavour might use twice the amount of concentrates, or more expensive concentrates, as another from the same brand... but it doesn't cost more at the shop either.

It's just the way it goes, fat bastard T- Shirts cost the same as skinny chunts ones

hmm i suppose silk cut cost about as much as JPS. maybe i’ve just thought that’s the way things work, based on my expert knowledge of the prices of different strengths of alcohol 🤔

hmm i suppose silk cut cost about as much as JPS. maybe i’ve just thought that’s the way things work, based on my expert knowledge of the prices of different strengths of alcohol 🤔

Is that true?

1711388527169.png

1711388632172.png

in my experience it is. alcohol free is a different thing, it’s overpriced because it is a niche market for weirdos.

I can't say I've noticed myself with the rums I drink either, the price just seems to be based on hype and/or fancy bottles, not how much alcohol is in it.

Can you explain a little more or give examples because right now I'm not convinced anything is sold like this.

I can't say I've noticed myself with the rums I drink either, the price just seems to be based on hype and/or fancy bottles, not how much alcohol is in it.

Can you explain a little more or give examples because right now I'm not convinced anything is sold like this.

well yes some fancy spirits are marked up and overpriced. but compare the price of the standard wray and nephew rum with the ovenproof one. or look at the price of a bottle of stroh.

Back
Top Bottom