What's new

Proud Father Moment or Jumped Up Little Whippersnapper - You decide!!

AndyC1971

Veteran
Hi All,

Right, when it comes to modern technology, PC's or anything associated, I like to think that I am pretty competent, and can hold my own. A master of none, but at an acceptable level. However, when it comes to things like Photoshop, my skills are akin to Emmasians drawing skills, to say dire is a compliment :D!!

So today, as I have a day off, and not much to do, I thought I would have a crack at it. I wanted to do a vaping photo, to hit the message home that we should be appreciative of the extraordinary efforts some people are going to in order to fight for our right to vape.

So I woke up this morning, quite chilled, walked down stairs, to find a slab of cheese on the side, with cubes cut out of it, WTF!! Errr.....Ummm.....It must be the cats!!

Sat down, had a coffee and the obligatory scratch of the nuts, and fired up Photoshop.

Got the photos, I wanted to merge, and away I started. 10AM!!

At 11AM.......I had achieved well nothing...........but its fine, I am learning!!

At 12PM.......A bit peckish, so i will have lunch...........achieved f**k all, but hey ho, I deserve a trawl on the internet!!

At 1PM........Start to get annoyed and frustrated, now its starting to take shape, and looks like a drawing of a 3 year old!!!

At 2PM........Foot, or Mouse just about to go through the scene, and the air is blue with profanities. Well chuffed, I could swear for 5 minutes constant, and not once did I repeat the same word, wow, Mum would be so proud!!

Just as my foot was going towards the screen, darling son turns up, and asks what the problem is. So I explained what I was trying to do, and with a smug grin on his face, explains thats what Apple products are for...............Please dont go there!! He then continues to casually say that 'Any 5 year old could do it!'

So.......I set him a challenge, YOU DO IT THEN!!! To which he sits down at 3.05PM!!.......................

..................At 3.58PM, he presented me with this!: -

Winston.jpg

What a cocky little sh*t he is, but ssssshhhhhhhhh.......................dont tell him, Im proud :D

It's scary isn't it we knew more than our parents about technology & now the wheels coming full circle & we are the parents who are being taught by our children

It's scary isn't it we knew more than our parents about technology & now the wheels coming full circle & we are the parents who are being taught by our children

Yep, It is scary, I couldnt believe it. I was muttering under my breath after it had been done :(

As for the rest of you, 'sod it, I am off to set the timer on my Betamax Video Recorder!' :)

Don't forget to wind up your alarm clock, change the battery in your hearing aid & put your dentures in a glass of water ;)

OMG, maybe a jumped up genius. Well that is until I heard about the "Apple" word. Oh man dya know how many journals I have to go through to keep up with PC technology, Apple pfffff. I also have to do a 6 moth course every 3 yrs to keep up to date, then a kid walks in the same as you as I am about to give the PC a reprogramming it will never forget, presses one key and my gob hits the floor :whiteflag:

Simon

Hi All,

Right, when it comes to modern technology, PC's or anything associated, I like to think that I am pretty competent, and can hold my own. A master of none, but at an acceptable level. However, when it comes to things like Photoshop, my skills are akin to @Emmasians drawing skills, to say dire is a compliment :D!!

So today, as I have a day off, and not much to do, I thought I would have a crack at it. I wanted to do a vaping photo, to hit the message home that we should be appreciative of the extraordinary efforts some people are going to in order to fight for our right to vape.

So I woke up this morning, quite chilled, walked down stairs, to find a slab of cheese on the side, with cubes cut out of it, WTF!! Errr.....Ummm.....It must be the cats!!

Sat down, had a coffee and the obligatory scratch of the nuts, and fired up Photoshop.

Got the photos, I wanted to merge, and away I started. 10AM!!

At 11AM.......I had achieved well nothing...........but its fine, I am learning!!

At 12PM.......A bit peckish, so i will have lunch...........achieved f**k all, but hey ho, I deserve a trawl on the internet!!

At 1PM........Start to get annoyed and frustrated, now its starting to take shape, and looks like a drawing of a 3 year old!!!

At 2PM........Foot, or Mouse just about to go through the scene, and the air is blue with profanities. Well chuffed, I could swear for 5 minutes constant, and not once did I repeat the same word, wow, Mum would be so proud!!

Just as my foot was going towards the screen, darling son turns up, and asks what the problem is. So I explained what I was trying to do, and with a smug grin on his face, explains thats what Apple products are for...............Please dont go there!! He then continues to casually say that 'Any 5 year old could do it!'

So.......I set him a challenge, YOU DO IT THEN!!! To which he sits down at 3.05PM!!.......................

..................At 3.58PM, he presented me with this!: -

View attachment 6165

What a cocky little sh*t he is, but ssssshhhhhhhhh.......................dont tell him, Im proud :D

Ahhhhhh!! Your NEVER going to let me forget that drawing are you???? ;-)

awesome story though! :-)

All the schools have macs and photo shops now, plus its easier to learn when your younger! that's what i keep telling my self lol

Back
Top Bottom