What's new

Pulse X RDA "undocumented feature"

Andy S

Postman
I swear I'm not making this up:

If I build this RDA horizontal and place the coils as close as possible to the squonk ports, it squonks by itself. I kid thee not; I think what's happening is when I take a draw the movement of air inside the cap is somehow creating a partial vacuum between the coils and the umbrella, which then sucks juice out of the bottle. It only happens when the the gap between coil and port is small.

I only got it recently and on my first build I did a vertical and it was nothing special and quite fiddly. On my second go I went horizontal and found that there was juice bouncing off the coils and onto the deck, so next go I bent the coils up as close as I could to the ports so it couldn't miss. I then took about a dozen big hits and thought funny, should be drying out by now so I took the cap off and had a look and the cotton was as wet as a weekend in Bognor. I carried on and the bottle is down to about one quarter full and I haven't touched it once.

I'm pretty sure it wasn't designed to do that otherwise they'd be marketing it as an "auto-squonker". Basically guys, what I've got here is effectively an 8ml tank that performs like a dripper! :D

Fluke?

Back
Top Bottom