What's new

Query re out of date juice

Deaf Vaper

Veteran
Hey apes.

I have a couple of largish boxes with two different brands of ejuice, that are long since discontinued. I bought them circa 2018/19 when these two companies folded, and i went nuts trying to buy up whatever stock was remaining. At the time i did like them, but i don't vape them anymore. They had spent a fair time in a freezer, but the last year or so i've had to put them in cupboard (i needed the freezer space!). Anyway..i would like to give them away to any interested parties that would like them, rather than just chuck them all in the bin.

The issue is, that they are all getting on for 5 years passed their BBD. i have recently tried them and they still taste perfectly fine, at least to me anyways! However i'm not sure what happens to nicotine in them over that long a period? Does it go off at all?

The two brands/flavours i have are: Phileas Fogg Botany Bay & Vape N Glory Cherry Bakewell. I have a LOT of packets of these, something in the region of 100 packets, each containing 3 x 10mls of each flaour.

However, I don't know what the legal issues are with giving away stuff that's that far passed the BBD, But i'm intending to give all these away gratis to any interested parties, if there aren't any issues doing so. I just want to clear space, so pending approval, i will put these up on the giveaway thread, first come first served, take as many or few as one likes, all i ask for is those interested can cover P&P costs.

But before i go down to the giveaway threads...could someone senior on here educate me with any legal issues i may not be aware of, thanks. I suspect it's okay, but i just want to be sure....as after all..it would be a crying shame to just chuck all these lovely and now unattainable juices down the drain!

I may also have a few bits of kit i'm also not using...a few tanks i bought new and never used...mostly the Nautilus 3 tanks...and whatever coils pack i still have. I bought a new Zenith 2 tank, and found that more to my liking.

Anyway, thought i give the heads up.....i'll wait and see what response to query is first.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Hey apes.

I have a couple of largish boxes with two different brands of ejuice, that are no longer available. I bought them circa 2018/19 when these two companies folded, and i went nuts trying to buy up whatever stock was remaining. At the time i did like them, but i don't vape them anymore. They had spent a fair time in a freezer, but the last year or so i've had to put them in cupboard (i needed the freezer space!). Anyway..i wished to get rid of them...and although they are out of late (some by 5 years now!), i have tried them recently and they still taste perfectly fine.

The two brands/flavours i have are: Phileas Fogg Botany Bay & Vape N Glory Cherry Bakewell. I have a LOT of packets of these...the only flavour i am keeping is Vape N Glory Ice Cream & Cookies, cos i like that one!

I don't know what the legal issues are with giving away all i have in my stash, but i'm looking to sell, all will be given away gratis. They're all 3 10ml packets. I think i've got altogether around 100 packets, Nic strengths and quantities of each i will post later if all okay and there is interest. All i ask is interested parties could cover P&P costs, thanks.

But before i go down to the giveaway threads...could someone senior on here educate me with any legal issues i may not be aware of, thanks. I suspect it's okay, but i just want to be sure....as after all..it would be a crying shame to just chuck all these lovely and now unattainable juices down the drain!

I may also have a few bits of kit i'm also not using...a few tanks i bought new and never used...mostly the Nautilus 3 tanks...and whatever coils pack i still have. I bought a new Zenith 2 tank, and found that more to my liking.

Anyway, thought i give the heads up.....i'll wait and see what response to query is first.

Thank you.

I'm no legal expert, but if you're giving stuff away there shouldn't be any kind of issue. Ebay have sellers listing out of date e'liquids - but the listings are very clearly marked OUT OF DATE so there is no question of them trying to mislead buyers.

I bought 600ml of a discontinued line of juice that out of date liquid last week (expired Feb 22) and it seems fine to me. I'm tempted to buy a few litres of the Blackcurrant as it was my favourite for 3 years (I only stopped buying it because I couldn't find anyone selling it) but I haven't got the freezer space so I've held off on buying - but I keep looking at the listing lol.

I have given away some of these before in other giveaways in the past, but i'm concerned about the fact that they are now WELL passed their dates. I know some folks on here have vape juices several years past their dates with no problems, but that's dependent on brand and flavour i think. but i would like someone from 'site management' to check with that is a yay or nay, before i go about creating a listing on here.

Last edited:
I would say crack a couple of bottles open and do a sight and knuckle taste test. In my experience old juices containing freebase nic go darker and taste peppery and anything containing vanilla goes the colour of treacle.

Well can't really tell with the Cherry Bakewell, as it very dark to begin with! I have already tasted them recently, i can't notice any difference.

Know we can't sell pre-nic'd shortfills etc on here, believe giveaways are fine though best to ask @Rob, I would advise to put 'not for consumption' or something though to cover yourself.

Nic does go bad over time, can't always tell with a taste test, may be quite peppery when you vape it so give a few bottles a little vape.

as far as i can remember i think juice with nic added cant be passed on on the forum but i dont know if thats including 10ml bottles pre mixed by supplier.
i know home brews where youve added your own nicotine cant be passed on.

strangely enough ive just found a couple of pre tpd sale bottles of malasian adv and uda and even though 3mg they are almost totally clear and still taste great. they were from 2016

Thanks @MrDJ

Yes, mine are pre-mixed by the supplier. Hopefully somebody can tell me whats what! I don't really want to throw them out.

Last edited:
Know we can't sell pre-nic'd shortfills etc on here, believe giveaways are fine though best to ask @Rob, I would advise to put 'not for consumption' or something though to cover yourself.

Nic does go bad over time, can't always tell with a taste test, may be quite peppery when you vape it so give a few bottles a little vape.

If i'm allowed to do so, then i will make it very clear of the sell by dates stated on the packets, so folks will be informed. I'll take photos of them etc as well.

Prefer to give this a miss Duke. :S The best before date is too far gone for this to be something we’d be happy with I am afraid
Sorry :(

Back
Top Bottom