What's new

Quitting Vaping & Why

djpurity

Initiate
Long ago @Huggett convinced me to join the forums and I probably should have been a little more active, and there were many reasons why I wasn't active and none of them were personal against anyone, I've just been going through quite a lot of changes. Secondly, I don't expect anyone to remember my introduction, but I'm Huggett's cousin from the United States, the only difference is I don't piss in the kitchen like he does. I'm from The Pacific Northwest, I'm about an hour south from Seattle, Washington. We have a lot of douchebag hipsters, opposite from peaceful protesting hippies and some pretty fuckin' cool ones, normalization of hemp and rainbow prancers all around town (no hate, gal with two moms here) a fuck ton of rain, humid summers and a hell of a lot of vape shops. Some local, some with overly processed, asian manufactured crap.

My tobacco quit date was December 24th 2012, no weening, straight to vape. My first and only mod that I've ever had was a Volcano Inferno from my local store in Olympia, Washington. My only mission with my vape was to quit smoking, I wasn't interested in puffing huge clouds or being able to listen to Pandora while I vape, all I wanted was to get off the tobacco and that was it really. But if for some reason someone gifted me something better like that, I would gladly accept it and be very grateful.

It's now 2016, it's been almost 4 years of straight vaping, haven't purchased a pack of smokes for myself. I am now disabled and unable to work and money is pretty tight right now and secondly I'm growing rather bored and annoyed having to constantly maintain a mod, spend money on coils and juice, cleaning the thing, wasting money on gas just to get decently priced juice since Volcano fired all of their decent employees and hired really shitty, snobby, rude employees who make snarky remarks to you from behind the counter and they've raised their prices on everything in their store. Also, I just don't want to spend the money on another mod, so I just would rather retire from vaping all together, but it also goes beyond money. There is also something socially that I cannot stand about the vaping fan base in my community alone.

I will name off one instance, but this has happened in similar circumstances on multiple occasions and it drives me up the fucking wall, and this is the type of shit that makes me want nothing to do with the vaping community in my area or the United States especially. Pretty much, this is a very exaggerated situation, but it's those assholes who will confront me in public and say shit like "ZOMG YOUR MOD SUCKS MINE CAN GO ALL THE WAY UP TO 600 VOLTS AND PUFF CLOUDS SO BIG THAT YOUR SHITTY CAR WOULD CRASH PLUS MINE CHANGES COLORS AND IT VIBRATES AND MY GIRL LOVES IT"

Fuckin cool dude, if you wanna suck on robot dicks and spit semen clouds all day be my guest, but my mod is for quitting smoking, not looking like a robots bitch. And when I mention that I use mine for quitting smoking, suddenly I'm the conformist. It's a never ending circle jerk with these people and they always get so defensive about it, and I shit you not one guy and I got into it one night that he got so angry he was in tears. That is not an exaggeration. Those are the kind of people that make me hate my vape in a way. I'm like holy fuck, you make people into sniveling pussies, what is wrong with you? But maybe that's just a US thing. I don't see it coming from UK folk at all thank fucking shit or anyone in the forums. That's why cuz told me to come here and tell you whats up lol.

Anyhow, my plan from here on out is Doc put me on Chantix (Champix). It's a strange concept considering it's used for people on cigarettes, but I'm using high nicotine strengths so it is going to work the same. Yes, I have tried gum and patches, both put me through Anaphylaxis alergic reactions. Weening mg dosage down to 12 put me through anger and anxiety spells, so Chantix will be my last hope to give a try, and I do have high hopes. I do know the risks and side effects, and my doctor is confident enough in me to recognize those symptoms and stop the drug immediately if I notice a change. But, I'm really hoping it all works out, and Huggett encourages me to stick around on the forum for some support from you guys, and I'll definitely do my best to stick around lol. Anyhow, thanks a bunch for hearing this Yank ramble.

Welcome again Connie, as I said before this place is nothing like Oly.

This can be your place to chill, chat & exchange stories of others throwing rubbish around regarding vaping.

I said my thoughts on Champix to you privately, it's your decision. Just keep the mod to hand and as a back up.

If you do decide to stick with it, I'll get something half decent out to you.

I mean you've been vaping longer than I

I was prescribed Champix and it was like a miracle. I just never thought about having a cigarette after a few days and no withdrawal or anything. I was busy running around telling everyone what a wonder drug this was. And then the nightmares started. It was awful. I hope you have better luck.

Evening @djpurity. Sounds like you are having a rough time. Come rant at us, it's all good!

If they are a bunch of dicks in the shops then that's not good news.

The inferno looks like a BDC type tank. It is OK but you won't get the nic delivery you need which is why you probably need the higher nic juices.

Champix doesn't look like a great product - see how you get on with it but if it weirds you out then at least you have your set up to go back to. Not tried the Champix myself but had a couple of people tell me about the crazy dreams they had on it, proper freaked out one guy I know who tried it.

Nice to see you posting on here though, fingers crossed you can get a better set up together, avoid the twats in the shops and get yourself off the Champix too.

Some "vapists" can be real knobs. Always forcing there opinion on others. It's normally a few that subohm. Not all just a few. 89028282892watts dude! New to vaping? REBUILD YOUR COILS OR DONT VAPE

Hey Connie [emoji4]
You've got your work cut out with assholes like that in the vaping community. It's definitely a scene thing, which we do get over here, but it's more a case of trying to compare dick sizes, just like the guy that drives a mustang and the guy that drives a minivan, but different.

Totally personal opinion, but like @junglist said your setup isn't the best performing to keep you satisfied. You'd be able to get something else small, discreet and much better suited with less maintainence costs for very little, or better still from @Huggett [emoji6]. Maybe go online for your juice too? You'd probably get it cheaper, save on asshole interaction and gas money?

Please be careful with the Champix. Without spilling my guts all over the forum I'm normally a fairly well balanced individual with the very rare self control episode. I tried zaiban back in 2009, which just disturbed my sleep and didn't work, then tried Champix in 2013 which stopped me smoking but had a serious effect on my personality during week 3/4, to the point where I had to stop. I didn't get nightmares like @Mr Numpty but have heard of this as a side effect also.

Champix, again in my opinion, is dangerous. If you've any chinks in your emotional armour it'll find and exploit them. Powerful stuff that I think should be taken off doctors prescription lists.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do though. And definitely stick around. It's pretty cool here [emoji16]

Some really nice replies, thanks everyone!

My doc and I had a really long discussion about the Chantix. I am on a lot of heavy medications right now, for sleep, for my neurological disability, 2 strong ones for anxiety, so I'm hoping those combinations of medications will at least dilute the side effects from the Chantix, so I suppose we will see soon enough. But we just agreed that if anything fucky goes down with it to stop the drug immediately.

And I appreciate the help @Huggett has offered in case the drug fails.

Ha! It's probably just before 7pm yesterday there though. I've been to Seattle- lovely place. Awesome coffee.

I agree. This is why if I travel out of state, I wont drink coffee made from anyone elses local coffee houses because no one knows how to make coffee if they're not from Washington it seems. I'm more disappointing than I am satisfied when I do. You tell them exactly what you want, they have a stroke right in front of you and shit in the cup and tell you they've been doing this for the last 6 months. So I just don't bother with out of state coffee. I just brew it myself. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom