What's new

Recommend a MOD for MTL

I'm happy with my GeekVape Aegis with Samsung INR21700-48G 3.6V 4800mAh Rechargeable Li-ion Battery

Yes mate ... :) (fitted with the small tank)
Really does look like my ameripoint nano. Currently debating if to go for an ephro , New 21700 pico or wait for the new raft of DNA 75c mods.
Decisions decisions.

Really does look like my ameripoint nano. Currently debating if to go for an ephro , New 21700 pico or wait for the new raft of DNA 75c mods.
Decisions decisions.

If it helps. I bought a 101 and did not like it at all. Moved it on within a week.

If it helps. I bought a 101 and did not like it at all. Moved it on within a week.

Interesting, what did you dislike about it? I’m contemplating gett my another one. The only mods I use these days are the 101 and sx mini. My others are away in the box, can’t really sell them as they are a bit tatty and battered.

Interesting, what did you dislike about it? I’m contemplating gett my another one. The only mods I use these days are the 101 and sx mini. My others are away in the box, can’t really sell them as they are a bit tatty and battered.

Someone asked me about this in a PM a while ago so I’m going to copy my reply in here (Just letting you know in case any of my grammar is wonky).

In 18650 mode it's so long, and once you get a tank on it it feels like you're swinging around a lightsaber, which is not the reason I bought it. I wanted a small stealthy vape. However in 18350 mode the button placement is too far down the device, so that when I hold it, in order to be able to thumb the button comfortably, the base cuts in to the middle of my palm (I have quite large hands) and there's a fair amount of the mod sticking up above the top of my hand so it feels like I'm having to just hold daintily on to the bottom quarter of the device.

Also I can't be dealing with the battery life of 18350's - even at 14W I was burning through both batteries in a normal work day, and had to switch to my backup mod if I went for a pint after work.

I also have some really nitpicky issues with the finish of the device, they're certainly not major, but they can't be unseen if you know what I mean [emoji6] Firstly, the button rattles - not a lot - you can't hear it rattle when you shake the device, and it doesn't visibly move when you shake the device, but just enough so that it feels a tiny bit wobbly when I press it. And secondly, the machining around the screen has slightly sharp edges and you can still see a few tooling marks in the recessed bit. Like I say, nitpicky, I don't expect hand made levels of polishing and finish to go into a £20 mod, but it just bugged me.

Also as I seem to be the only person so far that doesn’t like these mods I’m fully prepared to admit that maybe I just hold things funny. And that none of this is a problem for normal people.

I can see that button placement could be an issue for some in 18350 mode. I tend to fire it with my middle finger which is nice and comfy for me but obviously might not suit everybody.

I agree about the size with big batteries, I only ever have the 350s in it. And I’m usually round about 10w these days which means battery life isn’t too bad at all but I think with the small batteries at these low wattages a couple of watts can make a big difference, eh?

Back
Top Bottom