What's new

Restricted Lung with Ares 2?

WalterMelon

Initiate
I'm still fairly new to RTAs. I use ~0.8ohm 3mm kanthal coil (26g single or 28-30 twisted) on everything. Ares 2 was my 1st RTA, was way too tight with my coils + 5 outer airflow holes and the cafc open.

I'm looking for coil building or other tips to make the are closer to a restricted lung tank, if that even possible?

*EDIT/ ADD ON question: Has anyone tried (or seen a post about); breaking off the airflow cap inside the ares 2? Or cut open the intake holes, it wouldn't look pretty but the holes are in silicone a scalpel can cut/scoop the 5 holes, make it a slot.

Last edited:
I'd get a DTL tank if I were you, I don't think you'd be happy with the Ares 2. It's not that loose.

Could try a 2.5id and slightly raised (if possible) for less restriction of air passing the coil.

6 wraps 26g kanthal with 2.5id should be around 0.8 ohm

I'd get a DTL tank if I were you, I don't think you'd be happy with the Ares 2. It's not that loose.
I've a few tanks, didn't love the DTLs either, Hellvape MD and Freesia were perfect. Since I already have it, it would be nice to have the Ares in rotation.

I've a few tanks, didn't love the DTLs either, Hellvape MD and Freesia were perfect. Since I already have it, it would be nice to have the Ares in rotation.

Fair enough, I can't dl any of my mouth to lung tanks without slip streaming. It's just not physically possible for me, there's just not enough airflow.

Fair enough, I can't dl any of my mouth to lung tanks without slip streaming. It's just not physically possible for me, there's just not enough airflow.
I have to try smaller coils. As is Ares 2 can't be slip streamed, it's like honey through a straw. It would burn without suction.

Back
Top Bottom