What's new

Royal Fail!!

quincey43

Achiever
A little while ago I put a post up asking if anyone had a spare Chulhu RBA they didn't use. @John R answered my post to say he had one and would send it to me along with an extra bit. I was looking forward to receiving it and got a message with a proof of posting photo so I watched for the postie with anticipation! Well 2 weeks went by and no delivery so @John R complained to royal mail only for them to send him a photo of apparently my signature of receiving said parcel on Tuesday 3rd January. I was in all that day and definitely didn't sign for anything so goodness knows who the parcel ended up with but it certainly wasn't me. Now John wouldn't accept any payment so now he is out of pocket having paid postage on a non delivery. He and I are not happy but I would like to thank him for his generosity even though it didn't quite work out.

How frustrating and infuriating. I feel your pain. Is there no more that can be done?

If it was tracked with signature the tracking should also have the location it was delivered to, including GPS coordinates. Perhaps that will tell you where it ended up, if you haven’t looked already.

2nd class signed for, someone forged the signature at the far and.

I'd post the link but I don't think @quincey43 would be too impressed, a report was sent to RM this afternoon.

In my area the posties have used the covid panic as an excuse to ignore signed for deliveries.

I had a package this morning that was supposed to be signed for and the postie just dropped it on my doorstep without even ringing the bell.

I caught up to him next door, questioned him about it and said this was supposed to be signed for... the response.

"Nah we don't do that anymore, covid eh"

before walking away without another word.

In my area the posties have used the covid panic as an excuse to ignore signed for deliveries.

I had a package this morning that was supposed to be signed for and the postie just dropped it on my doorstep without even ringing the bell.

I caught up to him next door, questioned him about it and said this was supposed to be signed for... the response.

Thsts weird I've had to sign for my parcels with rm lately if it's signed for though they used to just hand it to me then it sign themself. though the odd occasion when covid was realy bad they did just post it through the door but I could hear the machine beeping so I knew he was atleast scanning it beforehand

I know my postie, which is good as I rarely have any issues with the final leg of delivery. During Covid he told me that he was signing for deliveries for me, I just had to take them off him. At one point he then told me that they had stopped doing that and I now needed to sign again. That was quite a while ago.

My postie still signs my stuff himself he also delivers my stuff to next door and when i have told him about it he just shugs his shoulders and laughs i think he needs to go to specsavers :22: its a good job we have good neighbors thats all i can say.

Back
Top Bottom