What's new

Royal Fail!!

My Mum sent me something early December by Royal Mail, she had it returned to her yesterday (she always puts a sent from address on everything) saying that there was "no such address" so who knows what's happened there.

I hear the machine beeping and usually a thud as the useless b@$t4rD drops it and that's it.
Dpd are just as bad, I live on the top floor of my building and they leave packages downstairs where anyone can have em.

I posted something 1st class signed for last Friday. Just checked tracking as I'd expect it to have been delivered but no, it says it was accepted at a PO at 13.25 on Friday 6th January and "the next update you'll see is after we've attempted to deliver to the recipient". The whole service is a joke like a lot of other things these days including the NHS.

Ive been waiting a week for a parcel that was sent out on the 3rd by 24hr parcel delivery. Tracking says the same will only be updated they attempt delivery.

What viable alternatives are there? Not happy with RM especially after the closure of our local PO counter.

Just booked a collection with Evri, @Rob is the guinea pig, lol. Cheaper than RM and they collect from my door.

What viable alternatives are there? Not happy with RM especially after the closure of our local PO counter.
RM from experience are actually the worst of the lot.

800 quid they cost us in lost shit before Christmas

Just booked a collection with Evri, @Rob is the guinea pig, lol. Cheaper than RM and they collect from my door.
Ive actually heard reasonable things about ENVI in general - however .. they have been appalling over Christmas apparently ... but that was largely due to them taking up the slack from the RM strikes

I am looking into them.

Last edited:
I had a look at a few, but some of their prices were jaw dropping...

I had a look at a few, but some of their prices were jaw dropping...
Yep

also .. I know there is the long running "DPD are better, no dpdp are worse, yodel are crap, yodel are better etc" ad infinitum

the truth is (with the exception of RM) they are all as good / bad as each other - and it purely depends on the performance in your local depots.

Royal Mail though .. would not touch them with a barge pole at the minute.

Back
Top Bottom