What's new

Steam crave v3 mesh help

Mbsun

Postman
I m new to rta, I am used to falcon atomisers in terms of favour etc

Couple of weeks back I bought a steam crave aromiser supreme v3 advanced. Watched a few videos and had a go

I built a single coil fine, but the flavour ain't great (any advice on this is good btw)

The dual coil, fine too, re done the cotton a few times, i think I know what i am on with now, the flavour is much better but still not up with the falcon ( any advice on this is good too)

My thinking is mesh should get there for flavour, but i am baffled! Its just pure burn!

On my first attempt I thought I might have pulled the cotton too tight into the wicking ports, there fore reducing the contact area between cotton and mesh, so i really took my time, and wicked it really nice (imo but I am a newbie) so that it had as full a contact as possible and was still fully into the wicking ports

I am combing the cotton slightly, to align the fibres
I cut in an arch rather than straight so that the cotton is the same length in terms of being in the wicking ports
The cotton on all coils wicks fine so far as I can tell, in fact its soaking in my attempt to do a meshbuild

Fwiw I m using the mesh and cotton supplied in the kit
The only thing to mention is that after I bend the coil using the tool and fit it, the half end of the meh tool I assume should be a perfect fit, but it has a good amount of wriggle room, i have checked the mesh is fully seated into the slot, and it is.

No doubt this is user error, I just can't work out what

On the mesh front...

As much cotton as you can get under the coil. The tighter the better.

comb the tails out like crazy because the juice ports are so small comparative to wick size.

cut the tails short. I’ve done it two different ways but in both cases the tails barely went into the juice port.

On the single coil - it’s best with a big complex coil. I’ve got a 5 core Clapton in mine which also means you can pump a gert load of wattage through it. I’m 80w+ and the flavour is decent for a single coil tank.

I cut the wick reasonably short and thin it so the cotton fills the ports but just brushes the bottom/is a bit short. That got me about 10/15w extra leeway and helped with flavour too.

dual coil is definitely easies to get the biggest bang for flavour.

On the mesh front...

As much cotton as you can get under the coil. The tighter the better.

comb the tails out like crazy because the juice ports are so small comparative to wick size.

cut the tails short. I’ve done it two different ways but in both cases the tails barely went into the juice port.

sorry just remembered one extra thing for the mesh deck, the tails need to be above the coil - check the picture in the manual for context. That made a massive difference on my dry hit journey

sorry just remembered one extra thing for the mesh deck, the tails need to be above the coil - check the picture in the manual for context. That made a massive difference on my dry hit journey

My steamcrave mesh experience is with the the Titan and Ragnar, the Ragnar can be fussy, needs tall / broad shoulders, which I think onion is alluding to. Don't rake your cotton back to the mesh (edges), you need as much cotton contact with the mesh edges as possible. Also, what cotton are you using?

My steamcrave mesh experience is with the the Titan and Ragnar, the Ragnar can be fussy, needs tall / broad shoulders, which I think onion is alluding to. Don't rake your cotton back to the mesh (edges), you need as much cotton contact with the mesh edges as possible. Also, what cotton are you using?

re shoulders - that’s exactly what I meant. Much better description from you!

Onion- thanks, will have another go bearing all that in mind

Andi52- I am not sure i would say I raked the cotton too far back, but its quite possible thinking back, that if you were to have witnessed me doing it, you could say the opposite! So will also bear that in mind tonight when I have another play

In terms of cotton, whatever was in the kit that steam crave provided.

I also have some geekvape feather cotton (3mm shoe lace stuff), but that's too thin for a mesh, and also cotton bacon prime which I could have a go with for the mesh but tbh i am greener than grass with the bacon (all my dual and single coil builds have been with the geekvape "shoelaces"

I have taken 2 pictures of the mesh for you to point out errors, also 1 of the dual which I need to re build for you to critique and improve me please

Attachments

• 16128840785021314281904060880852.jpg
    16128840785021314281904060880852.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 92
  • 16128844227479193382667406391894.jpg
    16128844227479193382667406391894.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 87
  • 16128844991834495576968883264750.jpg
    16128844991834495576968883264750.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 88
also cotton bacon prime "

CB is crap for mesh imo, certainly the v2 is, you can double up the thinner shoelaces, it might become economically unviable though. I use jap puff cotton, which I prefer over the better know Muji pads.

I couldn’t get the steamcrave stuff to work. Only had success with cotton gods.

here’s a picture of mine. It’s not perfect and you can see a hotspot but it’s vaping at 70w without dry hitting. you can see what I mean about the tails being higher than the mesh

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom