What's new

The 3d printing thread

my first printer

hey all i was looking at getting one of these LulzBot Mini 3D Printer with this LulzBot TAZ Dual Extruder Tool Head so i can use ninjarubber and other plastics together to make some interesting mods ect what do you think and are there any cheaper versions

hey all i was looking at getting one of these LulzBot Mini 3D Printer with this LulzBot TAZ Dual Extruder Tool Head so i can use ninjarubber and other plastics together to make some interesting mods ect what do you think and are there any cheaper versions

Tbh, you can upgrade a Reprap to do the same, probably a lot cheaper too.

Pros = One of the easiest to use out the box printers, that will print almost any filament out the box, thanks to autobed levelling, all metal hot end, and PEI covered glass print bed. Also open source, so lots off people working on mods and keeping it up-to-date with features.

Cons = Expensive and small print area.

So, guess it comedown to if you want to pay for something that is going to just work without much trouble, or save money and upgrade a cheaper printer.

Pros = One of the easiest to use out the box printers, that will print almost any filament out the box, thanks to autobed levelling, all metal hot end, and PEI covered glass print bed. Also open source, so lots off people working on mods and keeping it up-to-date with features.

Cons = Expensive and small print area.

So, guess it comedown to if you want to pay for something that is going to just work without much trouble, or save money and upgrade a cheaper printer.

Yeah prob going to go with plan a and go for a cheaper one then and upgrade, around xmas time hopefully

I have joined the dark side :)

Had my baby since Monday and really enjoying 3D printing! Been a really steep learning curve but think I have it dialed in now, after a few mods to the feeder and spool system. Basically I was printing out the box but a few alterations have improved reliability so I can leave it unattended.

Now to learn 3D modelling, that's the easy bit right ;p ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1440843715.382213.jpg

I have joined the dark side :)

Had my baby since Monday and really enjoying 3D printing! Been a really steep learning curve but think I have it dialed in now, after a few mods to the feeder and spool system. Basically I was printing out the box but a few alterations have improved reliability so I can leave it unattended.

Now to learn 3D modelling, that's the easy bit right ;p View attachment 62070

I'm looking forward to seeing what mods you start producing with this.

Back
Top Bottom