What's new

The 3d printing thread

Finally got the Prusa printing, took a day and bit of chatting to the Guy who does the company's firmware configuration, still needs one or two tweaks but sod levelling the bed.. I need to get a board with a 2560 Arduino on so I can stick it in the CTC and get the same thing going with that.. The auto-levelling is ossom.. get it roughly level and never have to touch it again.. works for me...

Finally got the Prusa printing, took a day and bit of chatting to the Guy who does the company's firmware configuration, still needs one or two tweaks but sod levelling the bed.. I need to get a board with a 2560 Arduino on so I can stick it in the CTC and get the same thing going with that.. The auto-levelling is ossom.. get it roughly level and never have to touch it again.. works for me...

I want auto bed levelling :17:

I got my ATmega2560 Arduino board from here, if its any help:

Arduino Compatible Mega 2560 R3 ATEMAGE16U2 for Arduino IDE Software Cable 01054 | eBay

i thought that you already had auto bed levelling
I

No, have to do it by hand.....its not a huge issue as the steel frame doesn't warp as much as a wood or perspex, so I can spend 20 mins getting it right and I'm good to go for months.

The only problem is if I want to print something at a different bed temperatures, then I have to re-level it (but as I mainly been printing PETG plastic for everything, not needed to change it).

Not had a chance to even go near the printer this week, due to work load.....looking forward to banning some print out this week, and building some new MODs!

No, have to do it by hand.....its not a huge issue as the steel frame doesn't warp as much as a wood or perspex, so I can spend 20 mins getting it right and I'm good to go for months.

The only problem is if I want to print something at a different bed temperatures, then I have to re-level it (but as I mainly been printing PETG plastic for everything, not needed to change it).

Not had a chance to even go near the printer this week, due to work load.....looking forward to banning some print out this week, and building some new MODs!

Better having loads of work on than not i suppose, ive been out of work for a while now,(so board .com) blew a disc in my lower back might be getting surgery! Any how cant wait to see how the mods come out

Needs to be a Mightyboard with one on, I'd have to change out the PSU (currently 24v) and sort the Marlin firmware if I went down that route with a RAMPS on top. At that point I may as well buy another Prusa.. which I may do and sell the CTC..

Then I'm no help, I have a newer Melzi board.....kind of like having everything on one small board.

But toying with getting a RAMPS board to play with (hence the Arduino Mega 2560).

So, the CTC is running full steam ahead.. The Prusa is not far behind, a couple of more tweaks ro the Z offset and it's all go here at AxMod central.

Attachments

• 1442419025202.jpg
    1442419025202.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 67
Back
Top Bottom