What's new

Review The mysterious 'Mystique Vapor' review [incl. 20% discount code!]

TomTactix

Postman
20141016_mystiquevapor_001.jpg

Whatsup guys!

A couple of weeks back a dutch shop called E-Wolk asked me to do a review on this new line of liquids called Mystique Vapor. The line is made by the same guys behind Space Jam, but personally I am by no means Space Jam fan. English is not my native language, so please excuse me in advance for any typos and grammar errors.

Although I got this full line sent to me free of charge, Ka-hing (Mr. E-Wolk) and me have an understanding that I do not have to exaggerate my positive experiences and I certainly don’t have to hide my negative ones. I am by no way affiliated with mr Ka-hing’s business.

Mystique is part of the ‘6MG ONLY’ category over at E-Wolk.nl and available for about GBP 17.50 per 30ml which makes it a very expensive liquid. Although the coupon code at the end of this review will get you 20% off until the end of the upcoming weekend.

Where a lot of eliquids have very detailed flavour descriptions, Mystique leaves it all totally up to you. ‘Mystique Vapor; the Rorschach test of e-liquid’ is their slogan. So they only give you a category, like fruit or dessert, and that’s it. Personally I find that very interesting. Of course it’s just marketing, but if they do it right it’s still a lot of fun.

I also got out my camera for this review, Google images weren't doing it for me as I'd like to show you the beauty of this line. Had some fun with my 50mm lens!

Is it worth the money? Is this whole Rorschach test thing a gimmick? Let’s find out! :)

20141016_mystiquevapor_002.jpg20141016_mystiquevapor_003.jpg
20141016_mystiquevapor_004.jpg20141016_mystiquevapor_005.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20141016_mystiquevapor_cronos.jpg

CRONOS (Candy)

We kicking of this tasting with Cronos, the candy flavor. Cronos smells very sweet but in a very fresh, not-sickening way. The candy is most definitely present. With the first toke I get hit by this sense of recognition, like a flavour deja-vu. It takes me a while to trace what I am exactly tasting here, but after a while it comes to mind; Fanta! It’s a wonderfully sweet citrus flavour which, after a while of vaping it, even gives me that citrus-y mouthfeel. The flavor changes into something more candy-like, and suddenly reminds me of that little tin of hard candies my grandmother used to have. The ones coated in powdered sugar, and I’m not tasting just one of those sweets, I’m tasting the whole tin at once.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

20141016_mystiquevapor_oceanus.jpg

OCEANUS (Menthol)

This is no menthol, this is mint. And a very very good one at that. When I open up the bottle it surprises me with a very full creamy aroma. I fill up my RDA with the pipette, the amber coloured liquid raises questions. Not a very common colour for a minty e-liquid. The flavor immediately reminds me of the classical Wilhelmina mints (not sure if this is a thing in the UK as it is named after the grandmother of our current king, hahah). But it’s a mint hiding in a bag of assorted sweets. I am tasting so many things at once that I have this permanent smile on my face. Oceanus is velvety smooth juice, just a smooth as the little mint-cushions at the exit of a restaurant.

I am sure I am tasting some kind of chocolate in the background, which creates this After Eight vibe, but not a bad way. I sure as hell wouldn’t buy an After Eight e-liquid, but this stuff is crazy good. And maybe that’s it man, a perfect after dinner vape. The full bodied aftertaste lingers in the mouth, and after a while I even get a slight nutty aroma. What a beautiful juice this is, two thumbs up for this one. I am very impressed, I am stocking up on this one.

20141016_mystiquevapor_asteria.jpg

ASTERIA (Fruit)

Asteria smells and tastes fantastically fruity. It’s a mix of tropical fruits on a rich and creamy base. A fruity dessert in a luxury restaurant. I think I’m getting some peach and some mango, but it’s such a complex mix that I really can’t pin down a particular single flavor. Underneath all this fruity goodness is a layer that lingers tends to go to a light custard-y cream. Asteria could easily be an ADV for me, but it’s way to expensive to be one.

20141016_mystiquevapor_hyperion.jpg

HYPERION (Tobacco)

On opening the bottle I’m sure I recognize this smell, its weird, but most definitely not unpleasant. Although I really can’t pin down what I am smelling exactly, not sure what I think I am recognizing here. After the first toke, again, I’m smiling. There is so much going on here, it’s ridiculous.

There’s a full bodies base of tobacco, you know how tobacco can be a little on the savory side. But there is also a lot of sweetness, and they go oh so well together. It’s like putting salted caramel on your chocolate. I’m tasting some liquor, maybe some Bourbon, a little honey, wow.

All these elements are forming a wonderful whole, tasteful vape. A full bodied, slightly sweet tobacco with a nutty aftertaste. I could vape this all day, but it’s way to special to do that. I’m saving this for the upcoming fall and winter nights. Picture this: a cold, rainy night, light up the fireplace, a glass of single malt and Hyperion in my RDA. I can’t wait.

20141016_mystiquevapor_prometheus.jpg

PROMETHEUS (Dessert)

If this were a competition, Prometheus would win the golden medal. It’s name in itself already sounds so very mighty. And that’s just what this is; a very mighty e-liquid. As I said in my into; the slogan of Mystique is ‘the Rorschach test of eliquid’. Promotheus is the true perception of this slogan. This juice is so complex, you’re tastebuds are in for a wild ride. It’s almost a shame to reveal to you what I am tasting, but to hell with it; this is a review after all.

It really is a rollercoaster of flavours; I’m tasting spices, Bailey’s, double cream buttery goodness, apple pie and some cognac. It truly is a wonderful e-liquid, it so very rich. This would pair amazingly with a fruity beer. Or you could just go to a fancy restaurant and skip the dessert and aperitif and just vape this juice instead!

CONCLUSION

To be honest, I never thought I was going to be this enthusiastic about this line. Especially since I am not a fan of the original Space Jam liquids. I think Mystique very much embodies the term ‘premium’ which is used so widely and freely these days. It’s premium in it’s taste and in it’s looks and packaging, but also it’s price. I was scared this whole Rorschach thing was going to be nothing more than a gimmick, but I think they’ve done very well. Every flavour is full bodied, rounded and has multiple layers.

Being a designer, I’m probably more sensitive to good packaging, I am aware of this. But if you’re paying this much for an e-liquid, I personally think it really has to also look good instead of just taste good. And I think they nailed in on the visual aspect. The little boxes, the golden printed logos and lettering, the overall design of the line, the black bottles, it just looks the part. I know it’s stupid but it just works for me. I got to give ‘m credit for not just copying the packaging of Five Pawns like I’ve seen so many other brands do when I was at the Vape expo in Paris a while back.

So I really can only come up with one downside; you can’t see how much liquid there is left in your bottle. Or.... is this part of the whole mystery? Hahahah ;)

20% DISCOUNT

To introduce this new line of e-liquids mr E-Wolk has given me the honour to provide you guys with a 20% introductory discount code, valid till next Sunday.

Code:
POTVMYSTIQUE20

Nice reviews there buddy. Very intriguing names and I also appreciate quality packaging. But the proof is in the pudding as they say. Price is often a deciding factor for me and at £15 per 30ml without postage, I'll probably hold off on this one. But again nice reviews..

Thanks man, appreciated! Yeah it totally get what your saying, it's a gamble with the high price and 30ml only.

I think it's about the same price as Digbys, but they do 10ml bottles. I think Mystique would be better of by doing the same. Give people something to try before getting the big bottles

Yep totally agree. Simon at tmax will do a 10 ml sample of Snake Oil for just the postage price. Then you're hooked and buying 30mls! Wish more quality vendors would do this... (I'm looking at you Mrs. Lords!)

Back
Top Bottom