What's new

Unpopular opinion: pod kits is better flavour compared to RTAs and boro AIOs.

xvapex

Postman
Just wanted to know what peoples opinions are on this topic.

I've been running the aspire mixx with various mtl rtas over the last few years including the neeko, kayfun lite and many other mods and tanks. I've recently shifted to the stubby aio and Cthulhu aio with the dope and diver rba. I kept feeling the flavor was lacking and went onto a OXVA sq pod device.

The difference in flavor was tremendous coming from the 0.8ohm coils on the OXVA, it made me kinda sad I spent a good chunk of change on the stubby and the bridges when a 20 quid device outperforms them easily. I've spent the last few weeks rebuilding the bridges and rtas I have with various builds and wicking and could not get the same flavor as I got out of the pod. It was missing the sweetness I using the same liquid and being able to differentiate the different fruits in the juice. Before I go crazy and spend more money on rtas and bridges, what do you guys think? Have you done a side by side with a recent pod vape ie caliburn, xros with a decent RTAs and bridge? IMO if I was to rank the flavor it would be OXVA (9-10), RTAs I've listed (7-8ish), bridges (6).

Never tried the Oxva so couldn't say.

Personally the best flavour I've had has been from DL dual Coil RDAs closely followed by dual Coil RTAs, no MTL device comes close, but some are decent.

What seems really good to me could be mediocre to others but it's always good when something exceeds your expectations. Even better when it's a £20 set up.

it depends what you are after. i’ve tried a few pods, a BB and other AIOs but always come back to the tanks (mostly a dvarw) because i just prefer the overall experience of it. the draw is very smooth, just the right airflow, nice throat hit, it holds a lot of liquid, can use my preferred tip, an external battery doesn’t need charged as often, doesn’t fall apart after a wee while like most of the pods do if you are a bit clumsy and hyma like me, no need to buy and throw away coils/pods, much easier and less futtery than BBs etc.

i don’t really care too much about flavour. most folk seem a bit obsessed with it.

Personally I get really good flavour from my MTL RTAs; Neeko, Pioneer V1.5, Sure, Arcana22. However I do use the LVE Orion 2 which does produce excellent flavour. The coils certainly bring out the sweetness and work well for fruit flavours.

I was very surprised and impressed when i bought my first pod for sticking in a shirt pocket when out and about.
The Voopoo Argus pod is superb, and the coils last for ages. Also, well done to Voopoo for making the coils and pods cross compatible across the whole Argus range of devices.

Never tried the Oxva so couldn't say.

Personally the best flavour I've had has been from DL dual Coil RDAs closely followed by dual Coil RTAs, no MTL device comes close, but some are decent.

What seems really good to me could be mediocre to others but it's always good when something exceeds your expectations. Even better when it's a £20 set up.

Yeah is definitely good a cheap device can perform perform so well in mtl, DL is a bit of a different story though as you take in a lot more flavouring volume wise per hit.

it depends what you are after. i’ve tried a few pods, a BB and other AIOs but always come back to the tanks (mostly a dvarw) because i just prefer the overall experience of it. the draw is very smooth, just the right airflow, nice throat hit, it holds a lot of liquid, can use my preferred tip, an external battery doesn’t need charged as often, doesn’t fall apart after a wee while like most of the pods do if you are a bit clumsy and hyma like me, no need to buy and throw away coils/pods, much easier and less futtery than BBs etc.

i don’t really care too much about flavour. most folk seem a bit obsessed with it.

I tend to agree as well, one thing I dislike about the pods is the lightness of it. Definitely prefer a big hunk of metal when I'm at my desk and out and about. Will have to buy a dvraw clone and give it a shot !

Often depends what you vape as well

pods can be great for fruits and sweet stuff etc

tobaccos tend to fair not as well as in an RBA for my tastes

Back
Top Bottom