What's new

Unpopular opinion: pod kits is better flavour compared to RTAs and boro AIOs.

I was looking at the Orion, only opted for the oxva pod due to size and how pocket friendly it is.

I`ve always put flavour above all in my vaping but there is something satisfying about taking a good long toke on a blotto. ATM I`ve got 2 uforce L stock coilers and a blotto to hand, they`re all flavour bangers with the 2 stock coilers perhaps best by a smidge, probably due to running them at about 66% of manufacturers recommendations fot the coil.
The only time I`ve tried pods were a couple of caliburn g2 when I set them up for the grandkids, from what I can remember the flavour and vapour were quite impressive but the overload of nic nearly choked me.

Just wanted to know what peoples opinions are on this topic.

I've been running the aspire mixx with various mtl rtas over the last few years including the neeko, kayfun lite and many other mods and tanks. I've recently shifted to the stubby aio and Cthulhu aio with the dope and diver rba. I kept feeling the flavor was lacking and went onto a OXVA sq pod device.

The difference in flavor was tremendous coming from the 0.8ohm coils on the OXVA, it made me kinda sad I spent a good chunk of change on the stubby and the bridges when a 20 quid device outperforms them easily. I've spent the last few weeks rebuilding the bridges and rtas I have with various builds and wicking and could not get the same flavor as I got out of the pod. It was missing the sweetness I using the same liquid and being able to differentiate the different fruits in the juice. Before I go crazy and spend more money on rtas and bridges, what do you guys think? Have you done a side by side with a recent pod vape ie caliburn, xros with a decent RTAs and bridge? IMO if I was to rank the flavor it would be OXVA (9-10), RTAs I've listed (7-8ish), bridges (6).

You could always put a stock coil bridge in the Stubby to make sure you get use out of it.

As for the costs, a £20 pod kit soon becomes more once you factor in a few packs of coils, not to mention the risk of duds.

Personally I find the flavour for stock coils probably does beat an RTA for the first day or two but then quickly tails off to being inferior. The advantage of an RTA is that you can just re-wick as often as you need to, but with stock coils I feel bound to persevere for a bit longer.

Then you have to factor in what kind of stock coils we're talking about. Costs can vary widely even for an MTL pod. DTL stock coils are even more expensive, prohibitively so at over a tenner for three.

You could always put a stock coil bridge in the Stubby to make sure you get use out of it.

As for the costs, a £20 pod kit soon becomes more once you factor in a few packs of coils, not to mention the risk of duds.

Personally I find the flavour for stock coils probably does beat an RTA for the first day or two but then quickly tails off to being inferior. The advantage of an RTA is that you can just re-wick as often as you need to, but with stock coils I feel bound to persevere for a bit longer.

Then you have to factor in what kind of stock coils we're talking about. Costs can vary widely even for an MTL pod. DTL stock coils are even more expensive, prohibitively so at over a tenner for three.

Yeah right now I'm really debating if I should get the tmd boro or maybe hope another bridge will improve the flavour to the extent where I'd actually use the device.

OXVAS seem to be pretty good all round tbh - ive been playing with an oxva xlim sq - lovely little ride around device.

they seem less inclined to suddenly change the pod shape for no reason other than profit and claim “revolutionary new pod! But you must buy a new device!” Than the Uwell Caliburn lot are as well - which is a bonus.

OXVAS seem to be pretty good all round tbh - ive been playing with an oxva xlim sq - lovely little ride around device.

they seem less inclined to suddenly change the pod shape for no reason other than profit and claim “revolutionary new pod! But you must buy a new device!” Then the Uwell Caliburn lot are as well - which is a bonus.
I second that! My Oxva Xlim v2 is always in my pocket as a backup, and it never fails. No leaks or condensation at all, 0.8ohm pods work well - never a dud, and it has adjustable wattage and airflow. It has constant voltage down to app. 10% battery. Closed all the way, I can get a tight mtl. And the pods are reasonably priced, compared with others. But what impresses me the most is the flavor from heavier eliquids with high vg content. My custards, desserts, and coffees taste pretty damn good, often better than I can get from a mtl rta. Take into account that my wicking is always a work in progress :17:

I like it so much I’m considering buying a Xlim sq as my (3rd? 4th?) backup :D And no, I don’t work for Oxva :18:

I second that! My Oxva Xlim v2 is always in my pocket as a backup, and it never fails. No leaks or condensation at all, 0.8ohm pods work well - never a dud, and it has adjustable wattage and airflow. It has constant voltage down to app. 10% battery. Closed all the way, I can get a tight mtl. And the pods are reasonably priced, compared with others. But what impresses me the most is the flavor from heavier eliquids with high vg content. My custards, desserts, and coffees taste pretty damn good, often better than I can get from a mtl rta. Take into account that my wicking is always a work in progress :17:

I like it so much I’m considering buying a Xlim sq as my (3rd? 4th?) backup :D And no, I don’t work for Oxva :18:

Yeah I've been using 65%ishVG and it does pretty well, the pods are not the cheapest in the world but they last a bloody long time. I have mine running for like 3 to 4 weeks maybe? I put a new one in because I think is about time and they taste exactly the same, so now I have a drawer of used pods that basically taste 90% brand new. I should really open one up and see if it has gunk inside. I'm considering the new pro version, the one think I find bad is that on the xlim sq as soon as the power led goes to blue I notice the flavour and power dropping off. The new pro version should be better though with the 1000mah battery.

Really depends on the type of liquids you use on stock coils.

Flavour is definitely up there on pods sadly but cost and the option to rewick is the reason I always have two mtl rtas on rotation daily and a pod laying around.

I believe that it is more about the mesh coil used in pods and tanks in general, which when compared to coiled wires they are noticeably superior. I believe it is precisely because they are compact, vertical, and because of the way they are wicked.

I'm always intrigued with the way folks on here talk about the current pods being so good on flavour. I've not jumped in as I can't be arsed with buying coils, though I'd love to know what they taste like.

I moved to rta's because I felt I could get more flavour out of that juice I'd tracked down and paid for. Paying for Five pawns juice and wasting it on a half arsed coil is annoying. And stock coils only lasted 4-6 days for me, mostly tobaccos, desserts and combinations of both.

I currently have 3 rta's in constant use and carry more than one just in case anything goes wrong whilst stuck at work...though it never does! I like the draw of my tanks and the liquids taste different in all of them. Some work better in others and some need a set up tweak to get the most out of them, but they all have their own personalities. And they can be thrown on any mod!

So I'll be waiting till you guys are all shouting that the new coils have surpassed your builds before I let the moths out my wallet.

Back
Top Bottom