What's new

Unpopular opinion: pod kits is better flavour compared to RTAs and boro AIOs.

I'm always intrigued with the way folks on here talk about the current pods being so good on flavour. I've not jumped in as I can't be arsed with buying coils, though I'd love to know what they taste like.

I moved to rta's because I felt I could get more flavour out of that juice I'd tracked down and paid for. Paying for Five pawns juice and wasting it on a half arsed coil is annoying. And stock coils only lasted 4-6 days for me, mostly tobaccos, desserts and combinations of both.

I currently have 3 rta's in constant use and carry more than one just in case anything goes wrong whilst stuck at work...though it never does! I like the draw of my tanks and the liquids taste different in all of them. Some work better in others and some need a set up tweak to get the most out of them, but they all have their own personalities. And they can be thrown on any mod!

So I'll be waiting till you guys are all shouting that the new coils have surpassed your builds before I let the moths out my wallet.

If you vape tobaccos I would stick with RTAs. For me mesh stock coils were only really better for fruit flavours, and they do really make the flavour pop.

Firstly I think when people say pods what they are really comparing is the coil within the pod, a mesh coil will have a vastly increased surface area so if you want a decent pod buy one with a decent coil.
Secondly MTL, comparing a low wattage, low air system to a high wattage unrestricted air system is like comparing a normally aspirated engine to a turbo engine, there`s bound to be a difference in performace. The volume of your mouth is only a fraction of the volume of your mouth and lungs so there`s not going to be as much aerosolised flavour travelling over your taste buds. I do own and use a pod but it is DL and its` use is restricted to short periods when I am out and about, and I`m always glad to be home to vape on my perferred RDAs.

I believe that it is more about the mesh coil used in pods and tanks in general, which when compared to coiled wires they are noticeably superior. I believe it is precisely because they are compact, vertical, and because of the way they are wicked.

I believe this is the reason too. Mesh, be it in a stock coil, pod or RDA/RDTA/RTA is definitely superior for flavour... at least in my opinion. I only vape bakery/dessert flavours though.

the low power mesh coils are good because they last a long time, but i think wire is still better. i probably have different priorities to most of you though.

Firstly I think when people say pods what they are really comparing is the coil within the pod, a mesh coil will have a vastly increased surface area so if you want a decent pod buy one with a decent coil.
Secondly MTL, comparing a low wattage, low air system to a high wattage unrestricted air system is like comparing a normally aspirated engine to a turbo engine, there`s bound to be a difference in performace. The volume of your mouth is only a fraction of the volume of your mouth and lungs so there`s not going to be as much aerosolised flavour travelling over your taste buds. I do own and use a pod but it is DL and its` use is restricted to short periods when I am out and about, and I`m always glad to be home to vape on my perferred RDAs.

i think you have an over simplistic view about this. the qualities of the vapour are quite different. your big clouds are filled with the air that you are pulling through the attie. i think with air flow that is very tight and a small chamber, the vapour produced is more condensed, if that makes sense. and it also doesn’t stream very quickly into your lungs. it tends to linger about more. so if you are a flavour obsessed person, there are a few reasons that low power, tight air puffing might actually work better :)

i think you have an over simplistic view about this. the qualities of the vapour are quite different. your big clouds are filled with the air that you are pulling through the attie. i think with air flow that is very tight and a small chamber, the vapour produced is more condensed, if that makes sense. and it also doesn’t stream very quickly into your lungs. it tends to linger about more. so if you are a flavour obsessed person, there are a few reasons that low power, tight air puffing might actually work better :)
Don't forget that an mtl juice generally has more pg too, meaning more flavour. I think I get more flavour out of my Neeko with a fused clapton and 50/50 liquid than with my iTank.

The best flavour is subjective as not everyone likes the same thing. The mesh coils I've used in a pod and stock coil tank with NETs typically give a more full on less mellow flavour than a round wire build in an rta, on the whole I prefer the latter.

Back
Top Bottom