What's new

Vamo Spring Resistance

Resistance of your V2 (Non SS) Vamo Spring

• Total voters
Mine came out at just under 0.2 ohm. Physically it is the smaller spring on the Black Chrome and Chrome versions which are a bit weak mechanically, but electrically okay. The issue appears to be on the SS version which has the bigger stronger spring. Pity someone at the factory didn`t stick a meter on them lol. I am pretty sure the bigger spring was only added to give it a bit more strength.

Mine came out at just under 0.2 ohm. Physically it is the smaller spring on the Black Chrome and Chrome versions which are a bit weak mechanically, but electrically okay. The issue appears to be on the SS version which has the bigger stronger spring. Pity someone at the factory didn`t stick a meter on them lol. I am pretty sure the bigger spring was only added to give it a bit more strength.

The V2 ones have a larger, more hefty spring.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357737654.430506.jpg

Mine has the same end cap but the spring is around that centre post in the middle, it is definitely V2, Black Chrome one the same. With the issue around the larger spring, if I had it, I would solder a bit of copper wire from the bottom of the spring (ontop of the bottom loop) to the underside of the top loop. It would need to be not too thin stranded copper wire though. It would make a quick fix for the high resistance of the spring. You would need to keep an eye on it though. It would hold fine until you got a new one. Not sure how the new ones work, must be ordinary springs copper plated?

Last edited:
I think yours is fine Kullrmestoopid, apart from being a bit flimsy. I just stretched mine a bit and it takes any battery without issues, flat top, button top etc.

Back
Top Bottom