What's new

Aegis s100 solo 2 old or new coil issues

Digital_Packrat

Hello.

So I have a aegis s100 solo 2, Had it about 2 months and the last week or two I'm having an issue were the mod keeps asking new or old coil, I looked closer at this and it is reading different resistances every time it asks me that.

I have also noticed that just leaving it alone on my desk the screen lights up as it would if I had just used it or put the tank back on, When I pick it up to use it, It asks new or old coil.

Even after I have just had a successful puff and go for another it will ask again, It is so hit or miss.

At times it will work for hours just fine and other times I will fight with it and have to click new or old up to 7 times before I get a puff.

My girlfriend has the exact same mod as me so I switced tanks and mine works perfectly fine in her mod and hers works perfectly fine in mine so I can't narrow down the problem.
I even made sure the same batterys were in both for the test.

The only difference between the two is the tanks.
We both use a freemax fireluke 3, Same coil and resistance, I use a 5ml and she uses a 3ml tank I think, 2 or 3ml.

I have tried cleaning the plate on the mod and the bottom of the tank as I realized I have never done that before but I also never did that with any of my other mods and never had this issue, In fact my last mod was the previous version of my current mod, Only different is my old one didn't have the side lock.

I used the same tank in that and never cleaned the connector for the year I had it.
And had zero problems.

I know the mod and the tank work but for some reason they don't work properly together.

Thank you for any advice you can give me and I apologize if I posted this in the wrong section I'm new to the forum, Hello.

Edit:
I forgot to add that sometimes when I click new coil the display reads no atomizer, Only when I click new and not every time.

Are you using a stock coil tank?

I had a similar problem years ago with an old Smok TFV series tank, what went wrong was the pin that goes through the bottom of the tank got a coating of built up burnt juice on it where it contacts the bottom of the coil. It may not be this causing the problem, but varying resistance problems are generally caused by something being loose or simply not contacting properly.

If it is a stock coil tank you are using try unscrewing the bottom and cleaning the inside of the bottom of the tank - particularly the area that presses against the bottom of the coil. Take care not to dislodge the pin that goes through the 510 on the bottom of the tank (keep your finger pressed against it to ensure it doesn't come out or get dislodged when cleaning). If the pin comes out you will have a really difficult time getting it to go back in as it 'floats' on seals and is a total bastard to replace.

No guarantees it will bde this, but it is one thing worth checking.

Hope this helps.

The Tank works on a different Mod so i would suggest the battery contacts need cleaning in the Mod, just clean everything that has a contact point and see how that goes. I have had the same happen to me, Juice/ condensation can get in everywhere even if you think it can't or hasn't, my DNA Odin did it so i put the Mod upside down on some kitchen roll for a while and there was liquid on the roll even though i never saw any leaks. Weird.

I’d check the 510, and clean it out thoroughly, ideally with alcohol and, whilst you can still buy them, cotton buds. Along with the other suggestions from @LordOdin . Failing that, I suggest going down @Crispycritters ‘s indicated path.

Back
Top Bottom