What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

So in other words this consultation isn't about offering any opportunities to avoid certain kinds of vape tax, it's more about the mechanics of figuring out how to implement the system to get it to work the way they want.
Yup...
.. and it's for manufacturers/suppliers only really to fill in.. and even then, they not only gotta know their stuff, but be prepared to do an exam type of ordeal.. it's convoluted...

Check it out -

Shortfill days are numbered. Only loophole i can see, is to do a 10ml 'flavour shot' in a 60ml bottle, and hope DHSC/MHRA dont close it.

i think most folk wouldn’t be arsed buying pg and vg to fill it up. so as well as nic shots, they’d need to buy 10ml bottles of base mix, which would have tax of £1 each added to whatever price they sold at.

i think most folk wouldn’t be arsed buying pg and vg to fill it up. so as well as nic shots, they’d need to buy 10ml bottles of base mix, which would have tax of £1 each added to whatever price they sold at.
Depends i suppose if you can sell a bottle of 80/20 diluent, and it not been seen as an eliquid. Maybe the £1 per 10ml of zero nic is designed to kill any thoughts of that nature.

Last edited:
I think to be able to apply a vape duty they have to be able to say the liquid can only be used for vaping. You certainly can't say that about propyline glycol. I'm not sure about VG whether it has other uses aside from e-liquid.

[Edit} I just googled it and yes it has lots of other uses in food, cosmetics and various other things apart from vaping.

I think to be able to apply a vape duty they have to be able to say the liquid can only be used for vaping. You certainly can't say that about propyline glycol. I'm not sure about VG whether it has other uses aside from e-liquid.

[Edit} I just googled it and yes it has lots of other uses in food, cosmetics and various other things apart from vaping.

pg and vg with flavours added could have many other uses than vaping. i think if it’s liquid and they sell it in a vape shop it will be getting taxed.

pg and vg with flavours added could have many other uses than vaping. i think if it’s liquid and they sell it in a vape shop it will be getting taxed.

So the businesses selling concentrates, just don't call them vape shops. Vapable might be up for an imminant name change. :D

Back
Top Bottom