What's new

Vape Tax.. we all knew it was coming

I knew the new vape tax wouldn't come in straight away because it would need time to set up but 2 1/2 years away is a bit of a bonus. I guess there is no mention so far about taxing vape hardware.
I was expecting Spring 2025, to coincide with some kind of flavour ban. But i guess they don't want Labour to enjoy any extra tax receipts too soon into their new tenure..

It's because it is a brand new tax. That means any kind of retailer that sells vape products containing e-liquid will need to register and will have to account for all e-liquid sales they make and then pay the duty on the sales. Vape businesses as well as things like accounting software and various other things will all have to be prepared to be able to deal with the new tax.

Blackmarketeers (or those considering doing trade that way) are cracking open the champers as we speak...
There will be a lot of clean room lab techs, with time on their hands looking to make some extra cash. Now, what will i call my new (old) facebook group.. 🤔

SS_business.png

I would say shortfills will go up by £5, but they will be banned long before Oct 2026.

Maybe not, they might just be classed as nic free, but by the time you add a nic shot it will be £8 more.
Longfills only contain 20ml, so £2 plus £3 for a nic shot making them a fiver more, still not good

Maybe not, they might just be classed as nic free, but by the time you add a nic shot it will be £8 more.
Zero nic will come under the purview of a revised TRPR, and be subject to the 10ml restriction.

Apparently a 'vaping products levy' to be paid on imports by manufacturers specifically on the liquid in vapes is to be introduced in Oct 2026 and there'll be a 'consultation' before then. So no details yet and we can ignore it for the mo and if this lot are turfed out in the GE then anything could happen.

Back
Top Bottom