What's new

Vaping - more addictive?!

I finding vaping greatly more addictive as a hobby but much less so as a substance.

I often wonder this myself. I think the flavours, the kit and the hobby aspect for me make it very addictive. I do puff a lot but im at home all day (working from) so have little or no restriction on when I vape.

Another factor is I bought tobacco because I needed it. I buy Vape things because I "want" them and want to get the most out of them. Also with smoking you get a ciggie and smoke it and that's it. With vaping there's always a new thing to try, a different coil or temp to vape at, different builds etc.

However, when im busy, distracted or whatever I don't crave nicotine like I used to and will go much longer without it than before.

I'm exactly the same. I'm addicted to the hobby.

I often wonder this myself. I think the flavours, the kit and the hobby aspect for me make it very addictive. I do puff a lot but im at home all day (working from) so have little or no restriction on when I vape.

Another factor is I bought tobacco because I needed it. I buy Vape things because I "want" them and want to get the most out of them. Also with smoking you get a ciggie and smoke it and that's it. With vaping there's always a new thing to try, a different coil or temp to vape at, different builds etc.

However, when im busy, distracted or whatever I don't crave nicotine like I used to and will go much longer without it than before.

Pretty much this in my case.

I also work from home so can pretty much vape when i want (still have to go outside though :( )

I do tend to get quite involved in whatever i am doing and vaping as a hobby is no different, i like new stuff and different builds etc.

Having said that,i was a very heavy smoker 30-40 a day and i vape a hell of a lot less than i smoked.

I don't find vaping more addictive but much more enjoyable, i have not felt like i need a cig for many years now and don't think i could handle the stink again, the only thing i am addicted to is i keep buying vape gear etc, but what the hell it's better than smoking.

Nope, can go without needing a vape for a whole lot longer then I could ever manage without a cig.

It might be different for me personally, as I never smoked cigarettes (only smoked hookah in the past) and I would actually say that I am not addicted to vaping at all.
I sometimes go for several days without vaping at all and don't have a craving for it either.
At this point I am not vaping because I am addicted in any way, but simply because I enjoy it very much.

From what everyone has said I think it's the enjoyment more than anything, I think I just had my worrying head on :drool:

Well if I didn’t have vape with me I wouldn’t be buying tobacco, can’t stand the smell now, but if I left home without it, I would most likely go back to get it, or buy another (good excuse).
And I love mixing my own juices and the anticipation of trying them.
Also vaping isn’t like smoking a fag is it? I like the occasional puff rather than lighting a fag and smoking it quickly. Smoking is indeed a bad habit while vaping an interest/hobby indeed.

I can go without the vape way easier than smokes and get far less irritable without it, preferably would choose not to, i'd never leave the house without smokes(back then), but i can go a solid few hours without the vape and not be too fussed about it, totally different story smoking(the absence of a fix was ever present). If you gotta vape heavy, do it.... it's better than feeling the urge and/or succumbing to a cancer stick.

Back
Top Bottom