What's new

Was scared of batteries and high power mods. This thread changed it all.

Do you own the smok alien yourself?

• Total voters

Attachments

• image (1).jpeg
    image (1).jpeg
    774.3 KB · Views: 66
been using the alien kit with baby beast from smok with no issues ive gone up to 120 watts with ease batteries last all day its a shame the tank drinks liquid faster than a fish drinks water but its worth it the flavour is amazing on the baby beast compared to the tfv8 batteries are efest 18650 @3000 Mah

Yes I have exactly the same issue but only when firing etc, full battery I use 40 W then when I feel my vape weaken I then pump up the watts to 50 using a 0.25 coil.

I got the v3 doge, good RDTA but a pain when out to keep juicing up hence I getting the classic limitless as then can use the tank with side fill.

Will be getting the VTC5A's x6, IUO that this will give a good battery life as a tri cell and also cover a low ohm build when I want to?
Also been told they 35A even though it is not stated there on websites etc. just what been told from experienced vaper.

Yea will have 2x tri married sets of cells if you get me
Sorry to hear yours has a similar issue to mine. I am glad you have found a workaround though you can use.

The VTC5A is a good cell, tested for a 25A constant discharge https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-test-results-a-fantastic-25a-battery.746719/

Regarding the low ohm builds, I would purchase batteries depending on the power level I intend to use them at, due to the resistance not effecting amp load on your batteries with a regulated mod- 0.2 or 2 ohms at the same watts will draw the same amp load from your batteries.

The VTC5A is a good battery though and will be good for your needs.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/attachments/image-1-jpeg.110575/ try this link. Its the link to the "zoom" button that comes up in the right corner after you click the thumbnail :)
That is a very handy table there :).

If you ever want specifics on a certain battery, if you google its name plus the words 'test mooch', you will end up at a page with the test of the specific battery by the person who made that table.

He has actually said the VTC5A is in his top 3 batteries, so if you need the 25A rating they are a very good battery. I find 20A batteries to be more than enough for my needs though, I placed an order yesterday for a few batteries from Fogstar, LG HE4's.
Just over £4 each, can't really beat that price!

Sorry to hear yours has a similar issue to mine. I am glad you have found a workaround though you can use.

The VTC5A is a good cell, tested for a 25A constant discharge https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-test-results-a-fantastic-25a-battery.746719/

Regarding the low ohm builds, I would purchase batteries depending on the power level I intend to use them at, due to the resistance not effecting amp load on your batteries with a regulated mod- 0.2 or 2 ohms at the same watts will draw the same amp load from your batteries.

The VTC5A is a good battery though and will be good for your needs.

Thanks for that post fella, was great to read detailed info in to what I am about to get etc. can see the mis understanding that was present that they can go to 35A though it was unadvisable to do so, this was prob why he said that it was not stated on the chart.
Now all I need to think about is a decent charger (4deck) to go with it, any views on the one fogstar has available?

Thanks for that post fella, was great to read detailed info in to what I am about to get etc. can see the mis understanding that was present that they can go to 35A though it was unadvisable to do so, this was prob why he said that it was not stated on the chart.
Now all I need to think about is a decent charger (4deck) to go with it, any views on the one fogstar has available?
Yes it is good to be able to see all of the details of the specific battery you are looking for. He has done tests on a hell of a lot of batteries, and you can read all of the individual tests if you want too.

Yes I can also see the misunderstanding, most batteries can handle a much higher current for a short time, but as there is no standard between manufacturers of what a pulse rating actually is, it is best to stick within a batteries CDR.

I don't actually own a Xtar charger myself, but hear very good things about them. I own a Nitecore I2, a Nitecore D4, and finally a Efest LUC4.

I mainly use the Efest LUC4-their chargers are actually good quality, while as you probably know their batteries are rewraps and may vary what cell is under the wrap from time to time.

I usually charge at 1A, I see the Xtar charger supports 0.5 or 1A, the same as my LUC4. Some people like to charge at the slower rate as it prolongs overall lifespan of the cells before you need to replace them, but even charging at 1A is well within a good batteries specification and will lengthen its life vs a faster charging rate.

It seems a good charger though, and if I didn't have the Efest charger would be what I would go for.

Yea I have a single cell nitecore charger ATM, just wondered if their one any good to put on one order or to get it separate from somewhere else, thx again @conanthewarrior will look into it [emoji6]

Back
Top Bottom