What's new

What did your Postie bring you today? - VAPE MAIL!

I've got one of these never used it, could never work out how to build it, as it's so tiny! The airflow looks like it would go over the cotton? Ah well it was cheap lol
Haven't had a chance to build it yet but it came with a squonk pin so couldn't turn it down. I've got some super, super small coils so looking forward to trying it. :D

Haven't had a chance to build it yet but it came with a squonk pin so couldn't turn it down. I've got some super, super small coils so looking forward to trying it. :D
Yeah mine has a squonk pin too. Would be great if you could post a follow up pic to show you build [emoji106]

Yeah got my Pharaoh Mini finally today, no pics sorry tied up with thermal runaways at the moment

Got a Calix V4. Looks stunning, but not got round to building on it yet

IMG_20180201_171545.jpg

Few one shots and a few bottles of juice, oh and also some empty bottles [emoji122][emoji16]

Excellent. The green parts make me think of how copper appears when it corrodes - like on church roofs, or the colonies of algae growing on the same. Quite Surrealist somehow.

Yeah mine has a squonk pin too. Would be great if you could post a follow up pic to show you build [emoji106]

So I went with a fused clapton with a parallel. Fitted nicely. Just make sure to push the coil down low as you don't want it making contact with and melting the spit-guard at the base of the drip tip.

Click to enlarge.
IMAG1425.jpg

Wicked it as I normally would.

IMAG1427.jpg

And ultimately, adjusted the cotton so that each end sat to one side.

IMAG1429.jpg

Looks dinky!

IMAG1430.jpg

But looks even better when paired with a Pico squonker!

IMAG1431.jpg

My first thoughts were; very peculiar airflow design. Two air slots are placed where the cotton sits which is why I finally adjusted my cotton to sit to one side so as to make a gap on the other side for the airflow to pass thru. But the cap actually has 3 air slots which you usually get with dual coil rda's. But this is a single coil rda! The reason it's got the third air slot in the cap is because the slots cut into the deck for the wire leads are actually designed to give more airflow into the chamber. You have to make sure you have the cap on the right way round and not back to front but if you put it on the right way the third slot lines up with the back of the deck where the cut outs are for the leads. Line it all up and you actually get plenty of airflow. Unfortunately, none of it is direct to the coil. It's all indirect airflow which is a shame. BUT, the only reason I can think of for this design is to prevent leaking. Because it's sooo small and the juice well is non-existent, if the airflow slots were where you would expect them, when you drip or squonk the juice would just piss out the vents. By having the airflow slots positioned behind the cotton they have basically created a barrier with the cotton to prevent the juice from leaking.

Flavour is pretty good. Not the best flavour I've ever tasted but it's decent enough. I haven't had a problem with leaking or spitting. In fact, it works pretty well. The small size hasn't caused me any problems at all. It came with the standard 510 fitted so I built it as a dripper first. Then I put the squonk pin in and moved it to the Pico. Looks pretty damn good if you ask me!

So I went with a fused clapton with a parallel. Fitted nicely. Just make sure to push the coil down low as you don't want it making contact with and melting the spit-guard at the base of the drip tip.

Click to enlarge.
View attachment 150820

Wicked it as I normally would.

View attachment 150821

And ultimately, adjusted the cotton so that each end sat to one side.

View attachment 150822

Looks dinky!

View attachment 150830

But looks even better when paired with a Pico squonker!

View attachment 150831

My first thoughts were; very peculiar airflow design. Two air slots are placed where the cotton sits which is why I finally adjusted my cotton to sit to one side so as to make a gap on the other side for the airflow to pass thru. But the cap actually has 3 air slots which you usually get with dual coil rda's. But this is a single coil rda! The reason it's got the third air slot in the cap is because the slots cut into the deck for the wire leads are actually designed to give more airflow into the chamber. You have to make sure you have the cap on the right way round and not back to front but if you put it on the right way the third slot lines up with the back of the deck where the cut outs are for the leads. Line it all up and you actually get plenty of airflow. Unfortunately, none of it is direct to the coil. It's all indirect airflow which is a shame. BUT, the only reason I can think of for this design is to prevent leaking. Because it's sooo small and the juice well is non-existent, if the airflow slots were where you would expect them, when you drip or squonk the juice would just piss out the vents. By having the airflow slots positioned behind the cotton they have basically created a barrier with the cotton to prevent the juice from leaking.

Flavour is pretty good. Not the best flavour I've ever tasted but it's decent enough. I haven't had a problem with leaking or spitting. In fact, it works pretty well. The small size hasn't caused me any problems at all. It came with the standard 510 fitted so I built it as a dripper first. Then I put the squonk pin in and moved it to the Pico. Looks pretty damn good if you ask me!
Hey Mitz,

Thanks for the detailed reply. It certainly is an unusual RDA, and yes probably better suited to squonking than dripping.

I might throw it on the pulse bf mod, it just intimidated me so has sat in a my RDA box for months.

Will have to revisit it soon. Thanks [emoji106]

Back
Top Bottom