What's new

What is the best coil ?

Thank you everyone for all the help and information, think I know a lot more now and will order the tc coils but just try the higher watts now and think I'm vaping to fast after each other or I'm holding the trigger in to long

Being new to vaping is a learning curve for everyone bud, there's no doubt about that :). We've all been there, it's just a case of working out how each different coil behaves in your tank and adjusting it to best suit your preferences, or in some cases making some compromises until you nail the ideal set up :).

The tank you have it has to be said is pretty hardcore, this is an observation not a criticism :D. Experienced users often need to ask for help with tanks like your TFV4 / TFV4 Micro. It was a and still is a popular choice for a lot of high wattage vapers who enjoy a warmer or hotter vape looking to chuck clouds and searching for intense flavours. It's been superceded by newer versions per se, such as the TFV8 which is an absolute beast of a tank with some of the available coils lol.

Continuing on with your tank may require a little more trial and error to find the coils to best suit YOU!! If you do go for a TC coil, you know where to come for information if you have any questions you can't find the answers to and there's still yhe option if trialling the 1.5 ohm coils as well ;).

Happy vaping :D.

OK guys I got the temp coils the micro ni200 and I have started at 30 watts and 420f but can't get any vape out before the temp guard kicks in so set it to 60 watt and 600f but would like to know what the last setting on the temp setting is the t-ni setting shows numbers 0.0006 is and what should it be set at please guys and girls

I can't get more than 2-3 seconds of vape before the temp guard kicks in

With your mod I'm not sure but in tc mode on all my mods you need to lock the resistance of the coil at room temperature before you fire it check your instruction manual it should tell you how

OK this mod doesn't ask for a manual lock . But just asks if it's a new coil and locks it then . But I still don't know what the last setting is the 00000.0

Being new to vaping is a learning curve for everyone bud, there's no doubt about that :). We've all been there, it's just a case of working out how each different coil behaves in your tank and adjusting it to best suit your preferences, or in some cases making some compromises until you nail the ideal set up :).

The tank you have it has to be said is pretty hardcore, this is an observation not a criticism :D. Experienced users often need to ask for help with tanks like your TFV4 / TFV4 Micro. It was a and still is a popular choice for a lot of high wattage vapers who enjoy a warmer or hotter vape looking to chuck clouds and searching for intense flavours. It's been superceded by newer versions per se, such as the TFV8 which is an absolute beast of a tank with some of the available coils lol.

Continuing on with your tank may require a little more trial and error to find the coils to best suit YOU!! If you do go for a TC coil, you know where to come for information if you have any questions you can't find the answers to and there's still yhe option if trialling the 1.5 ohm coils as well ;).

Happy vaping :D.
OK got the tc coils ni200 and can only get 1-2 seconds of vape the mod locks the coil automatically when you install and I have tried 30 watts and up and still only getting 2 second vape before temp guard kicks in. Do you have any advice please

OK got the tc coils ni200 and can only get 1-2 seconds of vape the mod locks the coil automatically when you install and I have tried 30 watts and up and still only getting 2 second vape before temp guard kicks in. Do you have any advice please

The TC kicking in is simply throttling the wattage back to keep the coil at your desired TC setting. It's still producing vapour, it's just not producing the same amount or as hot a vapour compared to the same wattage without TC. But, it doesn't sound like all is working as it should be here!!

The long format 0.0006 number looks like a TCR number (I don't know what your mod is and you've supplied no mention of what you've done to get this number, but it certainly sounds like an absolute TCR). You DON'T want to be messing around in the TCR M1, M2, or M3 modes. Simply put the mod into TC Ni mode, then reduce the wattage and TC back down and start again, gradually walking them up again. Hopefully you'll start to get a better vape. Hang in there, we'll get you there :).

It sounds like you've accidentally entered one of the custom TCR modes with an incorrect TCR for Nickel, which could give an underwhelming vape. Putting the mod into the correct mode for your Nickel coils should rectify the issue OK :).

Let us know if that improves things :). Supply some info on what mod you're using too and how you're getting to the long format number, just to be sure it's an accidental user error and not an issue with the mod itself too bud ;).

EDIT:. Sorry bud, forgot you have the Smok H Priv, this post was a couple of weeks ago lol ;). ENSURE the mod is in TC Ni mode, you shouldn't see the long format TCR number. Just set wattage to around 45 initially and leave it there. Set TC to 350 F, take a vape and see. Walk the TC up gradually until the vape improves. If it's still not improving much by the time you reach 550 F, lower TC back down, up the wattage to say 55 watts and repeat walking the TC from lower to higher gradually.

BTW, what resistance is the Nickel coil you're using and is it displaying the correct ohms when on your mod??

Hope that helps, let us know how you get on :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom