What's new

What is this on my tank?

Reti

Postman
Hi dudes,

I took apart my tank to clean it and noticed this strange white stuff across one of the parts. I cleaned it in soapy warm water, then isopropyl alcohol, then left it in water and rinsed again and it's still there. The only time I can't see it is when it's wet, either in the tank with eliquid or submerged in water. If I rub at it, it seems to disappear but then comes back. At first I thought it looked and behaved like frost but it can't be, it's not cold. I've attached 3 images below.
IMG_20231014_131049.jpg
IMG_20231014_131033.jpg
IMG_20231014_131017.jpg
Anyone?

Looks like some kind of dodgy enamel finish that has reacted with the e-liquid. It'll probably only get worse if you vape from it so if it's a new tank I would be taking it back for a refund.

Yeah i was thinking dodgy Lacquer or something, seen it happen on older cars, think it down to carbon on car paint.

Thanks dudes. I'll contact the shop I bought it from. I only got it on Tuesday, so like 4 days ago.

I think i used T Cut to get rid of it, but not worth it for something so small . It would probably cost more than the tank is worth.

Trouble is if the coating is already compromised you wouldn't want it leaching anything unpleasant into juice you're inhaling.

Yeah i was thinking dodgy Lacquer or something, seen it happen on older cars, think it down to carbon on car paint.

I think what you're referring to is oxidation. It happens when the paint has lost its oil and is common when some cars get left out in the elements for extended periods. Either way it's not supposed to happen to brand new stainless steel, I think it's apparent that it's not been sealed properly. I'll see what the shop says.

There's plenty of photos that look like like this if you Google image search "paint oxidation".

I think what you're referring to is oxidation. It happens when the paint has lost its oil and is common when some cars get left out in the elements for extended periods. Either way it's not supposed to happen to brand new stainless steel, I think it's apparent that it's not been sealed properly. I'll see what the shop says.

There's plenty of photos that look like like this if you Google image search "paint oxidation".

Yeah that's the fella. Definitely has something to do with that i would of thought, just take or send it back, i would.

Back
Top Bottom