What's new

What is this on my tank?

Stainless steel has to be etched and primed before it can be painted so probably a poor etching job

I spoke to the company who supplied the tank. They said they'd like to replace it but they have none in stock, so offered me £10 credit. I told them they sell the tank alone for £18.49 and that if they can offer me £15 credit, I'd settle.

I was thinking, can I salvage the tank? I don't want anything coming off it and mixing into the eliquid.
Would this work to seal it?
https://cpc.farnell.com/simply/sp-013/laquer-heat-resistant-paint-400ml/dp/CP06560

If not, is there anything else I could use to seal it?

It looks kind of 'scuffed' or something... that would kind of 'go away' when it's wet too, that's not weird in itself. If you scuff shiny black paint until it looks grey and scratchy then wet it it will go back to black like that.. I guess it's because the water changes how light reflects on it or something like that.

I presume it didn't look like that when you bought it, so the most likely would be a paint reaction with a liquid, maybe a lemon or a menthol? and it's caused the surface of the paint to react?

either way, it shouldn't really happen so yeah, email the shop with photos if you bought it online.

although, I'm not sure using isopropyl alcohol on some finishes is such a good idea. It can ruin some clear plastics and make them go 'cloudy' and I'd guess it could do the same to some plastic-paint type finishes.

I used "ice shots" which are menthol nic shots. Also a fan of lemon and lime eliquids. Could be anything lol.

Use as-is or bin it, there's nothing to be gained from messing with it.

Use as-is or bin it, there's nothing to be gained from messing with it.

The manufacturers use some kind of lacquer sealant, I can't see there being a difference if I apply one, just so long as I apply the correct one.

You can buy another tank, a new set of lungs might be more of a challenge. Why risk it for a poxy vape device?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can buy another tank, a new set of lungs might be more of a challenge. Why risk it for a poxy vape device?

That's why I'm trying to find the right sealant for it. The right one where there's no risk.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom