What's new

Zeta

Ok thanks. So just to confirm I bought from stealth vape both 27awg Kanthal and 30awg stainless. So these will be fine using 2.5mm jig for MTL?

Yep, I use 27g kanthal all the time for MTL. Usually about 6 or 7 wraps (0.95 & 1.1 ohm)

Sure, 30awg might be a bit fiddly as SS can be springy.

I find the opposite. The Kanthal is springy as hell, but the stainless feels more like fishing wire and struggling to picture it coiled up as it way soft. Is this right or have a got a dud?

If you bought them from stealthvape, I'd doubt it, if in doubt get the magnets out, kanthal will stick, SS won't.

In fact, don't stealthvape spools come with wee magnets?

Yes got a magnet on the Kanthal. Just the stainless is so thin, like I said feels like fishing line, so will have to see how it coils. Bear in mind I’ve never built one before, so my knowledge is very limited so I could be wrong in my assumptions.

I find the opposite. The Kanthal is springy as hell, but the stainless feels more like fishing wire and struggling to picture it coiled up as it way soft. Is this right or have a got a dud?

Stealthvape is excellent wire. I've never had a problem wrapping their 27g kanthal. You can flame it first with a lighter though if you like. Apparently this will make kanthal less springy.

Yes got a magnet on the Kanthal. Just the stainless is so thin, like I said feels like fishing line, so will have to see how it coils. Bear in mind I’ve never built one before, so my knowledge is very limited so I could be wrong in my assumptions.

Stick with kanthal for now. Maybe leave the SS wire until you feel more confident with your coils.

This is when heating the wire (I use a lighter) before wrapping helps with kanthal, especially thin wire. It does me anyway, takes some of the 'spring' out. :)

Back
Top Bottom