What's new

what's your preferred cotton wicking material?

Your best Wicking material

• Fiber Freaks Original

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Texas Tuff

• Celtic Cotton

• Ko Gen Do

• UD Organic

• Total voters
experimenting a bit while on xmas holydays: bought some fuzion and a Bag of angorabbit. i've used both of them for a week on my serpent smm and pharao mini. both are quite good and need no breaking in time (a couple of Puffs is all you need).
Good saturation an good flavour.
mind you i always stay around 30-35 w.
but and it's a biiig but...my kendo gold lasts a lot more before rewicking. with angorabbit and fuzion sometimes i can't make to the evening without rewicking. kendo gold is ok for a couple of days.
and has almost no breaking in time (usual couple of puffs) and I think it absorbs more juice. you need to prime it well though:use your juice bottle as a brush and paint the liquid on the cotton. do it three/four times unti it' s soaked .
anyway kendo gold is a winner for me

Kendo Vape Cotton Gold. Pretty much zero break in time, great to work with, lovely clean vape

Zero break in time what!!!! It's common knowledge kendo is good but it's probably the worst for time on breaking it in.

Zero break in time what!!!! It's common knowledge kendo is good but it's probably the worst for time on breaking it in.
Not a huge fan of Kendo. It's OK once it's finally saturated and broken in but I find it a pain in the arse to prime as it takes a few minutes before it stops actually repelling the juice! Most cotton you just prime by pouring some juice on it and watching it soak in. Kendo is the only cotton I know where the juice just rolls straight off! It actually takes some effort to get it primed!

And it definitely has a considerable break in period in my experience. Which is why I avoid it these days as there are far better cottons out there in my personal opinion and experience. But it's all subjective and it seems that by and large we all experience these things differently.

Last edited:
they didn't tell me about this at school [emoji16][emoji6]
i don't know about common knowledge, but my personal experience,as I wrote in my previous post, is that, if you prime it well, you just need 2-3 puffs to have your kendo gold working perfectly. this in all my tanks with clapton coils 0.4-0.6 ohm at 28-35 watt. maybe at 90 w in a dripper could be a different story, never tried

@Mitz yes, you need to prime kendo carefully...but all i do is brush the cotton wick with my juice bottle nozzle,then fire my mod.repeat 3x. Done.
maybe 3 puffs and flavour is fine.

Last edited:
Muji cotton pads for me. Take a couple of decent hits to break in but lasts a good while and wicks well

Not sure about common knowledge, as the only complaints I’ve seen are from people that haven’t primed their wicks properly, I wet my Kendo Gold wick when installed, give it a 2-3 second burn, add a little more juice and burn again. Rarely do I get a cotton taste even on the first puff, whether used in an RDA or RTA, and if I do it’s barely noticeable and gone after 1-2 puffs. I find it outlasts the other big names, meaning I go longer between wick changes- ideal as I don’t have the time to sit around on my arse fiddling with builds all day :)

As for worst for break in time, I can think of many worse, and that’s the first I’ve heard about it being the worst for break in time.

I’ve been using it daily for well over a year now, tried virtually all of the other popular cotton wicking options (as well as several lesser known ones), and Kendo Vape Cotton Gold has stood the test of time for me. If it didn’t, I wouldn’t keep using it :D

Not a huge fan of Kendo. It's OK once it's finally saturated and broken in but I find it a pain in the arse to prime as it takes a few minutes before it stops actually repelling the juice! Most cotton you just prime by pouring some juice on it and watching it soak in. Kendo is the only cotton I know where the juice just rolls straight off! It actually takes some effort to get it primed!

And it definitely has a considerable break in period in my experience. Which is why I avoid it these days as there are far better cottons out there in my personal opinion and experience. But it's all subjective and it seems that by and large we all experience these things differently.
This is the reason I switched the first time TYV give me a tin of Fuzz to try. I did a test for myself with both Kendo and Fuzz on breaking in time, absorbency, how long it lasts, taste and ease of use. Both near enough matched but what tip it was breaking it in, Fuzz near enough absorbed from the go. When I used Kendo I'd have to use a different cotton for a tank coz like you said Kendo the juice just rolls off.
I'll always use Fuzz now unless TYV stop making it

@dw1986 I agree with you there as I too used Kendo for over a year. I should say when I use the words breaking in I always referred that to how long it takes to absorb juice correctly but as you know that's not the right term as for breaking in is the taste of a cotton fading out if any and I should know better.

I've just started using kendo gold and I noticed the juice rolling off.
I just used the tip of the juice bottle to paint the juice onto the wick. After that I find it to be very absorbant and I can't taste any cotton from the first puff.
I really like it. The only others that I've tried so far are UD, muji and cotton bacon.
I'm finding the kendo gold to be the best so far, in my opinion.

@dw1986 I agree with you there as I too used Kendo for over a year. I should say when I use the words breaking in I always referred that to how long it takes to absorb juice correctly but as you know that's not the right term as for breaking in is the taste of a cotton fading out if any and I should know better.

No sweat mate, I get ya :)

Back
Top Bottom